It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• gastritis ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
    birden57
    (female)

birden57 HB User
    gastritis ?

Can anyone tell me how gastritis make you feel , I had the endpscpoy last week and the told me that I had gastritis.
    he did a test and sent it off to be test to see what kind of gastritis it was.
    he all so told me that I had a hiatal hernia .
    I have pain in my side left and right,that radiating to my back , sometime in my low back and then sometime in my up back.
    can anyone that has gastritis, or hiatal hernia, do it make you back have pain that feel like gas pain?
    any reply thank you so much.
    I am going back to the doctor next week to find out about all the test that I take.
    but if anyone know how gastritis make you feel, please reply .
    the doctor said the hiatal hernia was nothing, but if it make you have pain like I do , it is something.
    the pain that I have in my side and go to my back is a bad pain that I wish I could get something for it that would help. that is for sure.
    Thank for reply.
    birden

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
    agurl79
    (female)

agurl79 HB User
    Re: gastritis ?

I've had 2 endoscopies and both of them showed gastritis. The first showed severe gastritis and the last one was mild. For me the symptoms were pain in my left side of my abdomen and in the middle of my upper abdomen. I also had a lot of nausea with some vomiting. The docs had put me on reglan, and carafate. It helped some, but nothing "magical" lol. I also have chronic pancreatitis though, so it's hard to tell what symptoms come from what. Hope you get some relief soon!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
    diamond79
    Veteran
    (female)

diamond79 HB User

I have gastritis as well and to me it feels like I am full constantly. Esp. after eating very little. I would describe it as a brick in my stomach. I also get the nausea and burning in the stomach. I also get various aches and pains in my stomach area and occasional diarrhea.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:50 AM   #4
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

My endoscopy the other month reveal mild gastritis - as well as erythema of the lower esophagus (basically, the same mild irritation from the lower esophagus through the stomach).

FYI, the assumption in my case is that I have acid-reflux disease.

Before the endoscopy, I really only had throat irritation. Shortly after the endo, I started periodically experiencing what I think is the gastritis. In my case, it is like burning in the stomach area (NOT the esophagus, even the bottom portion).

Old 05-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
    paula43
    (female)

paula43 HB User

Gastritis is a very general term. After an edoscopy, the doctor should tell you exactly where he found the inflammation...the stomach, the esophagus or both. I have acid reflux and even tough it's controlled by taking Prevacid daily, there is still minor irritation of the esophagus which showed on the endoscopy a few weeks ago. This pain cn radiate to the upper back. I just had my gall bladder out so will see what has caused this awful pain but I know that gas can because after I belch a lot it goes away. The pain can go to my jaw and face and makes me crunch my face up, it hurts so much. The back pain is one of the worst symptoms of reflux. I just have to be home when that happens an wait it out. Usually, a Mylanta or Tums helps, or some ginger tea...in mos cases, I use all of this, anything to stop that pain. Please ask your doctor what he means by gastritis, where exactly he sees the inflammation. In the meantime, no chocolate, mints of any kind, onions, tomato sauce, soda, a lot of spices and have very little fat as it sits in your stomach way too long. Also, try to not at after 7 p.m. and if it is reflux, raise the top part of your bed at least 4". It helped me, no more waking up choking in the middle of the night.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
    Ol'Line Rebel
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User

Thanks; I've pretty much been through all this. I suspect I have LPRD, specifically - my throat is the thing that suffers most, in various forms. My GE's endoscopy report declared possible non-erosive reflux (NERD), but I wonder how that's really different from GERD - especially since I saw a doc right away when things suddenly went south. I may not have had GERD long enough to erode anything. I do not wait when things are obviously abnormal - unlike some people who're still posting about it but never saw a doc!

My bed has been raised not because of the reflux, but earlier because of my husband's noise-maker. So we've had raised bed all along.

My doctor is not big on diets (I know already because my mother is his patient and she has many major GI problems). However, I myself started the other week a "strict" diet (as much as it can be - it's not always convenient at all), and I plan on it for a month; then maybe trying the alleged "cause" foods", then maybe some other "aggravating" foods. (So far, I'm not sure any of it is really working, though I felt good overall on the weekend and until last night.)

The gastritis is all over and I may have bile gastritis/reflux. There was definitely bile in there. (Just wonderful. ). Basically I was observed to have erythema from the lower eso thru all my stomach.

I highly suspect the gastritis was caused by my massive ibuprofen intake the 7 mos prior. Now I suspect it won't go away because of the bile.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my experience on what "gastritis" feels like.

Closed Thread