It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Gastritis Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
    syxx_35
    (male)

syxx_35 HB User
    Gastritis Question

I made a post a few days ago about symptoms I was having. I had my endoscope and tested postitive for H. Pylori and had a very minor case of gastritis according to the surgeon. The problem is, the hospital I got to has a reputation for not wanting to remove gallbladder of people. From what I have read, my symptoms are gallbladder related and not gastritis related. Has anyone had gastritis that has mimiced gallbladder symptoms.

My symptoms are upper right quadrent of very severe pain 2 hours after eating a meal it becomes very sore to touch that area as well. I usually have severe attacks once a month and minor pain 3 to 3 times a week that lasts only for a few hours. With the severe attacks the pain lasts for 10 to 12 hours with the last 30 minutes being the most intense pain. It leads me to believe that a stone passes because of the last 30 minutes of pain.The pain during the 10 to 12 hours radiates to my back and I must remain in a hunched over position. I do have a history of gallbladder problems in my family and I have had a ultrasound and HIDA scan all which came back normal. I just am trying to decide if I need to see another surgeon at a different hospital as I do not want to go through another epsiode.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread