It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• problem absorbing nutrients...please assist me!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2001, 03:28 PM   #1
    potato59

potato59 HB User
    Red face problem absorbing nutrients...please assist me!

Hello to all,
    Hope you all feel better soon....my question is how can I make the foods I am ingesting, get absorbed better? It seems like my digestion is messed up, since when i eat i get alot of gas/burping/bloating in the intestines and sometimes nausea...I have been eating big meals to try and gain weight and its not happening, then i switched to 4 small meals a day, and still don't gain weight..I am too thin, and i believe that my intestines are not absorbing the nutrients from the foods i eat...I do eat well, alot of veggies, chicken, and some meat...I dont eat sugar, white flour, nor pasta/rice....so what can i do to help absorb my nutrients? thanks for your comments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2001, 06:00 PM   #2
    Robert2

Robert2 HB User
    People gain weight from eat Sugars, Pastas, Breads, Cereals, Potatoes and things made with flour. They consume a certain ratio of starches to protein and excercise to build muscle mass.

Carbohydrates are an important part of a balanced diet. The key to your problem is eating a balanced diet. You may want to consider talking to a dietician. They will teach you how to eat a balanced diet and put on some weight.

Old 01-29-2001, 11:42 PM   #3
    friendlione
    Veteran
    (female)

friendlione HB User
    Insuffient B vitamins cause digestive disturbances. Think about it, stress often equals indigestion. B feeds the nerves. Healthy nerves = handling stress. It is a vicious circle.
    Take a B 100 complex daily.
    After a few weeks you should be healing and see a difference.

Old 02-02-2001, 08:27 AM   #4
    potato59

potato59 HB User
    Smile

Thanks to the replies on my post!! I did buy some digestive enzymes and they did help me alot...also the B vitamins. They make me hungry, but the B vitamins make me feel a little anxious, but all in all..I am now noticing 2 lbs since i bought these products...the reason i dont ingest the white flour or sugar products is because i am fighting yeast overgrowth in my colon from ingesting loads of sugar and junk foods back years ago....i am taking antifungals to kill the yeast, and was told by a nutrionist to stay away from sugar and white flour for awhile till the yeast is in check...I feel alot better from the stomach though, i believe its the digestive enzymes with hydrocloric acid in it..hugs to all....and thanks again

Old 02-09-2001, 08:58 PM   #5
    potato59

potato59 HB User
    Thumbs up

Dear James,
    Thanks for your knowledgeable reply. The yucca root caught my attention. I was raised with the yucca product. Being from spanish descent, my mom made the yucca alot. Is this the same as the yucca root you mentioned? If so, where or how I can purchase it? I used to buy it at a puerto rican food store here in town, but they closed down....Now i cannot find it. I tried many grocers and health food stores..
    Thanks

Closed Thread