HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Digestive Disorders (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/)
-   -   GERD! What else can be done, besides surgery??? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/digestive-disorders/39589-gerd-what-else-can-done-besides-surgery.html)

DedeThom 03-02-2001 10:07 PM

GERD! What else can be done, besides surgery???

Hi everyone,
I just joined this message board about an hour ago and I think it is great. Excellant feedback
I wanted to say I have Acid Relfux too and I need something rather it be surgery or what. I am in so much pain 24/7. This started in march of 99, it started with a very bad chest cold and by end of march and into april I still had this pain in the chest area really bad with asthma symptoms. And pain into my back and I mean the pain in my chest and right lung was unbareable, I was crying all the time. The pain seems to be more on the side of the lung where the broncial tube is.
I went to the doctor and they said it was inflammation of the chest wall, gave me medication and that was it. It did nothing, then I begged to go to an internist and he did endoscopy surgery and found sores and ulcers all over and a large one in my duodenal. He said I have acid reflux (GERD)
Well, after about 2 years and prilosec, acifex and every other thing, it is still bad. I have tried to eat right and everything. When I work out, I have to stop and my whole right lung is like searing pain on the side where the tube is and into my back, and I feel like I'm having a stroke, my vision is affected and it is just unbelievable. It is only bad when I do strenuous stuff like work out and lift heavy stuff or jog. It is always there but when I do strenuous stuff it is unbearable, like ER type thing, but I lay on my left side and ride it out, every time.
This stuff is nasty and is nothing to mess around with. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to have to go through this. I don't know what to do, the doctor says they don't usually do surgery for things like this. I have to live with this the rest of my life. What can be done. I guess the acid is going into my lung and all over. The welts and burns are right around the stomach opening. They look nasty.
Does anyone think I should have surgery or is there anything else that can be done. The doctors don't seem to be to concerned about me. I guess they can't feel this or they would . Anyone have the same severe pain in chest and lung and ulcer stuff. Is surgery the only answer, if nothing else helps? Are the risks worth it???

Thanks so much!

------------------
Dede T

CICI000 10-18-2004 06:59 PM

Re: GERD! What else can be done, besides surgery???

Hi, I was reading your post and i have the same thing as you do, the Drs wanted to do surgery on me, but i refused, but there is a brand new pill out called PROTOXIN,and it has been helping me a great deal, just ask your Dr about it and see what it does for you... :wave: