It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Looking pregnant with bulging stomach...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2001, 08:00 PM   #1
    unique

unique HB User
    Post Looking pregnant with bulging stomach...

Hi, all. I am in need of your opinions here. For the past couple of years, I have this stomach that makes me look like I am pregnant. I am very petite and just the right size but I constantly hide my stomach because of its appearance- it is bulging and I do not think it is because I am fat or obese. I am on average weight for my height and am very puzzled about this stomach. I have an ongoing on and off abdominal pain esp in the left lower area and recurrent diarrhea and constipation. When I drink a glass of water, I would be in the toilet every 10 minutes to urinate. I have chest/neck pains. Sometimes, my anus and genital area would itch. Does anyone has an opinion about this? What causes abdominal swelling or protrusion? Anyone out there experiencing the same as I do? I will be seeing a gastro esp sometime this month but it would be helpful if someone could at least share their experiences .... Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2001, 06:30 AM   #2
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User
    It sounds like it is time to break down and go see the doctor. The bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation could indicate diverticulosis or Crohn's disease or something along those lines. Urgency to urinate is a little more scary as it might indicate that you are developing a fistula. None of these conditions get better by waiting, but can get worse and infected and you could have a really big mess, like I did before I finally got things treated. Please make an appointment today and get checked out.

Closed Thread