It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• too scared to poo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2001, 05:08 PM   #1
    badgurl69

badgurl69 HB User
    Unhappy too scared to poo

I don't know if this is the right board to post this on...but it hurts so much everytime I poo that I'm scared everytime I feel one coming on. Everytime I do, once it's over I notice that there's blood everywhere...not actually in my poo...but coming from my anus afterwards . I'm really worried about this, it's been happening for about 2 weeks now and I have to go about once a day. Could it be something serious??? I'm really worried and embarrassed....Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2001, 02:05 PM   #2
    badgurl69

badgurl69 HB User
    Thanks for the info!!!

I really hope it's nothing to do with my gallbladder cos I'm only 17!!!!
    I'm quite worried though because I had glandular fever recently and had that triggered off a few problems with my liver including something to do with the enzymes.

Thanks so much

[This message has been edited by badgurl69 (edited 02-21-2001).]

Old 02-21-2001, 10:42 PM   #3
    alazay

alazay HB User
    it could be a hemerroid

Old 02-22-2001, 01:19 PM   #4
    kdoubleu

kdoubleu HB User
    It could also be a fissure. The best thing to do would be to see a gastroenterologist. Don't be embarassed to go, they see this kind of stuff all the time.

Old 02-22-2001, 02:10 PM   #5
    badgurl69

badgurl69 HB User
    what's a fissure? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 02-23-2001, 01:09 PM   #6
    kdoubleu

kdoubleu HB User
    A fissure is a tear in the tissue in your rectum. It can be caused by hard bowel movements putting pressure on the area. Mine caused some bleeding. It cleared up with the use of prescription suppositories. Your best bet is to see a gastroenterologist.

Old 02-25-2001, 02:01 PM   #7
    badgurl69

badgurl69 HB User
    hey! thanks so much! I went and looked up some more info on fissures and im convinced thats what I got...but guess what - it's almost gone!! I kinda realised that I wasn't eating good food and I think this was having a big effect on my digestion and stuff. I've been so busy lately - I've been eating a lot of snack foods and junk food and hadn't had a good healthy meal in agessss....But since I looked up the info I've started eating better...and I'm feeling so much better too http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif)

Thanks again!

Old 02-26-2001, 06:29 AM   #8
    kdoubleu

kdoubleu HB User
    Thumbs up

Glad to hear you are feeling and eating better. Sometimes it takes something like that to remind us to take better care of ourselves.

Old 03-15-2001, 07:17 AM   #9
    BEVGEO

BEVGEO HB User
    badgurl

even though this recent problem has stopped, i highly suggest talking to your doctor about it and maybe getting a stool screening. About 2 years ago, i had small traces of blood in mine, not all the time, but just sometimes. I have hemmeroids so that's what I thought it was until i had my yearly with my ob/gyn. he did a fecal blood test and he recommended a doctor for a colonoscopy. Sure enough, i had a good size polyp (benign) they found. DON'T assume things are better. The colonoscopy itself was a breeze, it's the stuff you have to drink BEFORE that's the hardest. I don't want to scare you but it is better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.

Closed Thread