It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Does anyone get chest pains with there GERD?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2001, 09:26 AM   #1
    TammyT

TammyT HB User
    Red face Does anyone get chest pains with there GERD?

Just wondering. I have been getting really bad chest pains with my GERD. It hurts right in the middle of my chest. Sometimes goes to my arms, back, shoulders, neck and jaw. I have had EKG's and the heart is fine. But I just want to see what other symptoms people have.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2001, 06:43 PM   #2
    KimberlyV
    (female)

KimberlyV HB User
    TammyT - I just wanted to repsond to your post and let you know that I did have ALOT of chest pain and what the doctor thought was GERD, however after doing an ultrasound, she found that my gall bladder was full of gall stones. Have you had your gall bladder checked? The kind of chest pains you described sound just like what I was having. What other symptoms are you having? Let me know if you have any questions. Good Luck! Kim

Old 03-12-2001, 09:28 AM   #3
    TammyT

TammyT HB User
    Hi Kim and thanks for your response. I have had my GallBladder out 5 years ago. I have regurgitation of food and that is gross. It actually comes back up, not just acid, but food, burning chest, pains in chest, shoulder, jaw, have had many many EKG's all are NORMAL. This GERD is a killer. I have tried Prilosec, and Previcid. I do have High Blood Pressure and on Meds for that. I just hate this so much.

Thanks

Tammy

Old 03-12-2001, 03:06 PM   #4
    Rawbert

Rawbert HB User
    I was diagnosed with GERD about 3 months ago. Prior to that I would get awfull heartburn in the middle of the night along with crippling chest pain.

Once I was diagnosed, my Doc put me on Prilosec. I have had ZERO Heartburn and chestpain since going on Prilosec. It has been close to three months now.

I also do not have any side effects from the Prilosec.

You may want to talk to your Doc about one of the Acid Blocker medication out there. It makes a world of difference.

Good Luck
    Rawbert

Old 03-14-2001, 06:31 PM   #5
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User
    I have GERD still since a failed Nissen. I don't get chest "pain" per se, but it feels very uncomfortable in my chest; like a pressure. It's not my heart. The heartburn I get is usually mild, but I still have the chest discomfort. I can't tolerate the side effects of the PPI'S, unfortunately, so I take RX strength Pepcid. Anyone else have this?

Old 03-23-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
    caseyv
    (female)

caseyv HB User
    I too have had my gall bladder removed (two years ago). And this past fall was having severe chest pains....very similar to gall bladder pains (feels like a heart attack). I was diagnosed with esophageal spasm!! It's where the esophagus twists up "in a spasm". They say that in older men with this same pain...they have to run heart tests to be sure it is not problems with the heart!! But the pain from ES is very similar to gall bladder. I don't have any regurgitation or reflux or any of those problems (which are usually associated with esophageal spasm)...I just have bad spasms brought out for no reason really!!

I don't know if this helps any or just adds confusion....but I hope it helps somewhat!!

Cassy

Closed Thread