It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• stool concerns small intestine(?) pancreas(?)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2001, 08:12 AM   #1
    kenny56

kenny56 HB User
    Post stool concerns small intestine(?) pancreas(?)

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me understand what I am going through. I am a 44-year-old male. Five months ago I went to the emergency room with a urinary tract infection. In fact, it was diagnosed as a kidney infection. I was given an antibiotic IV and a bottle of antibiotics to take for 10 days. The infection symptoms cleared up, but I still felt fatigue. I also felt an "awareness" of pressure in the upper left quadrant of my abdomen. So, a couple of weeks after my trip to the hospital I went back to the doctor and he prescribed doxycycline for a supposed sinus infection. Anyways, for four months I passed stools that were yellowish brown - lighter than usual, but not pale or clay-colored. Lately - for the past two weeks - I have been taking large doses of acidophilous (sp.?) and have not been eating gluten or dairy products. My stool is significantly darker, but looser. I am worried about fecal fat or malabsorbsion. However, I have not had stools that float during this episode. I have not lost any weight during this period, but I feel I have not been getting all the nutrients from the food I have been eating. I have been to several doctors who have found the following: slightly elevated RBC and ferritin. One accounted for living in Colorado and working in the mountains.
    P.S.: My eyes have been fairly dry and bloodshot lately.

------------------
    Kenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread