It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Help! I can't figure out what could be wrong...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-05-2001, 07:45 AM   #1
    volky64

volky64 HB User
    Post Help! I can't figure out what could be wrong...

Ok.. last resort.. I'm just hoping someone can help me with this problem.. Back in January 2001, I started having trouble getting a deep breath.. And also my heart was kinda flip flopping every once in a while.. Went to hospital, cause my family doc was out of town, they told me I had tonsillitis... but my throat didn't hurt.. family doc came back, went to him, he sent me for a holter monitor, ekg, eeg, pulmonary function test, chest xray. everything was fine. doc chalked it up to stress, put me on 10 mg of Paxil.. did nothing. upped it to 20 mgs, still did nothing.. I stopped taking it cause it didn't do anything for me. still having all the problems.. About March 2001, another symptom arised. I began to burp CONSTANTLY. Now, I have NEVER been a burper, I mean every now and then, yes. But not anything like this.. I probably burp over 100 times a day.. Along with this, came naseousness. I began to be sick all the time, I felt like I have the flu all the time. And heartburn.. heartburn like you would not believe. I felt like someone poured a gallon of acid down my stomach. I got fed up with my family doc doing nothing, so I decided to refer myself to a gastro guy.. he thought from hearing my symptoms alone that it was my gallbladder.. he sent me to get an ultrasound and a hida scan. My hida scan came back with my gallbladder like not functioning at all, it was like 15%. So I thought that this was the root of all my problems.. Went to the surgeon, he wants to take it out, so I got my gallbladder removed on July 25th. I'm doing fine from the surgery, but most of my symptoms are still here. I'm still having trouble getting a deep breath, still burping constantly, still nauseous, I've actually been sorta throwing up because of all the burping too. I haven't had nearly as much heartburn, but I have still had some.. probably like what normal people have..
    I've been looking through this website trying to find what could possibly be causing all these problems for me.. I've came up with gastroparesis, hiatel hernia, and/or costeochondritis (except I don't have pain)
    My gastro guy said that if the gallbladder was ok, that he wanted to an endoscopy to find out if everything was ok there. I was thinking about getting that done because obviously there still is a problem.. and I can't stand this much longer.. As much as I don't want to, I've been getting really depressed about this lately.. I can't stand to feel like crap almost all of the time.. If anyone could possibly throw me a clue as to what they think it could be, or have any advice at all, I would appreciate much more than you can imagine!! THank you all so much!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2001, 06:28 PM   #2
    blessedtwice2001

blessedtwice2001 HB User
    As I was reading your post, I started thinking..gallbladder..before I got to that part. My mom is awaiting gallbladder surgery....she has many of the same symptoms. You can have constipation, low grade fever, pain in right side of the stomach
    and more. I never knew the gallbladder could cause so much. Anyway, I would encourage you stick with your Gastroenterologist. They also did a barium swallow with tablet and were going to put sometype of little tube down into her stomach adn she would wear a monitor for 24 hours to measure acidity or something. If you don't think he is being thorough enough, try another Gasto guy. Best wishes.

Old 08-09-2001, 12:18 AM   #3
    NW001

NW001 HB User
    Hey-can a teenager such as 15 years old have gallbladder probelms? I have been all of thoes symptoms too. Xcept I am emetophobic (fear v*ing) so i dont have that...ANyways, I have had these symptoms for about 3 months. everytime i eat i feel nausea. i also have this flem stuff that tastes nasty that i keep hacking up. my stomach also feels hungry like an hour later after i eat. i even starve myself somedays. But then my stomach gets a nawing feeling in it!! Im gonna see a docter soon!!

Old 08-10-2001, 07:37 PM   #4
    volky64

volky64 HB User
    Thanks blessed.. I hope your mom feels better too... Just to keep anyone that's interested posted.. I am going to have an endoscopy (the light down the throat) test done on Monday to see if anything else is wrong with me. I'll be sure to come back and let everyone know if there's anything.

Closed Thread