It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• heeelllp!! can't take the constant lump(ball of bread)in throat feeling!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2003, 04:42 AM   #1
    ashpie
    Inactive

ashpie HB User
    Post heeelllp!! can't take the constant lump(ball of bread)in throat feeling!!

it's back again..have been dealing w/ this for 5 months on and off..was doing well on nexium for 3 months and now this has been back for 3 weeks..I feel like I have a wad of bread sitting at the bottom of my throat..I am burping again constantly and when I burp my food is coming up again..what is happening?I am getting an upper Gi next week but feel like I am going to go out of my mind waiting..I can't even eat..it just lays there..I got soo sick the other night at 2 in the morning I throw up acid and the food from lunch 14hrs before was still in my stomach..someone please answer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
    Katie G
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
    Smile

Hi ashpie. So sorry for what you're going through. Be patient, and try not to get too anxious about this problem. Your appointment should help you determine the cause of all your discomfort. Your symptoms sound like severe GERD, but there could also be a stricture in the esophagus or problems with the muscular contractions of the esophagus which can leave you feeling like something stuck. If you're throwing up food from 12+ hours before, then your doctor also needs to check how effectively/quickly your stomach is emptying, too.

You need to have an endosocpy and upper GI done to monitor the motility of the esophagus as well as if there is any narrowing of it. Also you may need to undergo 24 hr pH monitoring to determine the severity of reflux and esophageal manometry which will determine if your esophagus motility is normal.

Hang in there and keep us posted,
    Katie G

Old 02-17-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
    breakerfall

breakerfall HB User
    Do you have allergies at all? I was getting a lot of that lump in throat feeling as well as burning in my throat and it turned out to be post-nasal drip. It was also aggravating my stomach problems cos the mucous was draining into my stomach (which in some people could cause them to become sick). I'd look into it as well as the gastroparesis test as the other person suggested. good luck.

Closed Thread