It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Suddenly feeling sick after consuming dairy products

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2003, 02:16 PM   #1
    Switch96
    (female)

Switch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB UserSwitch96 HB User
    Question Suddenly feeling sick after consuming dairy products

Hello

Just about 3 days ago, a few hours after eating some garlic bread I started to feel sick to my stomach. I haven't had garlic bread since.(the butter in the garlic bread being the dairy product).but after I consumed milk the following day, I got really sick, to the extent that I vomited twice. I'm feeling very sick as I type this message.

I made sure the milk that I had was still fresh, so at this point I don't know what could be making me so sick. Any ideas?

Thanks

M

[This message has been edited by Switch96 (edited 03-18-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
    Lefora
    Inactive

Lefora HB User
    I'm definitely no expert on allergies, but I wonder if you have developed a severe allergy to lactose? If you haven't noticed this in the past then I doubt very much this is the problem, but it's just a thought. I really hope someone can help you asap.

Old 03-18-2003, 09:07 PM   #3
    jinnybb

jinnybb HB User
    From what you're telling us this sounds like something new to you and you sound as if you've been tolerating dairy products in the past.

Have you been taking any new medications, antibiotic or for pain? Some of these can react strongly with dairy products. If you are, check with your pharmacist to see if the meds you're taking are the type that will react with dairy products. If you're not on any new medications you may want to try a few days without dairy and then try reintroducing it to your diet - it's possible that it may just be a low-grade virus.

If you're not better within 2-3 days I'd definitely see the doctor to determine if you're having other health problems.

Closed Thread