It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Had ALOT of tests run, still no answer to my right abdominal pain!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2003, 09:59 AM   #1
    handsfull4

handsfull4 HB User
    Unhappy Had ALOT of tests run, still no answer to my right abdominal pain!

Ok I have been thru every test in the book, but my right still hurts....... all the blood work is normal, my x-ray was fine, my ultrasound came back w/ sparing and a fatty liver, doc says thats normal. Cat scan showed fatty liver, and cysts on overys. no answers to why my right side hurts, the pain is twords the bottom of the right side rib cage, and the pain will sometimes travel to the sid e and back, sometimes my chest hurts by the right side colar bone, and sometimes I have upper right side back pain. its a stining to burning, to scrapeing to pearsing pain, will worsen w/ some meals, and will even sometimes ache when I haven't eaten. Even coffee, or other drinks can make it hurt. I have been haveing alot of problems, and now that I know I have cysts that may be an explanation to some of them, the fatigue irregular periods and bad pms. But I still get nauseas, and have the pain that gets so bad sometimes I just sit and cry and cry. My gastro just ordered a test called an mrcp, its and mri of the abdiman, w/out contrast. I expect he will call back w/ those results as normal w// a fatty liver alwell.
    Does anyone have any idea, what this could be, 2 gastros at first said ulcers and put me on protonix and levsin, but when he called back w/ the cat scan results he said nothing about ulcers. I am also on a sleeping pill, beocuse I wasen't sleeping well and haveing night sweats, but the sleeping pill has seemed to help w/ that alot, I am not as fatigued and winded as I was befor. Advise would be great, what could it be and what can I expect my doc s to do next when this test comes back w/ just a fatty live, I am not obease, or an alcoholic, there is no explination for it being fattty, they said all my organs look fine.........Help please.
    Thanks so much,
    Em
    PS I have been going thru test and seeing 3 different docs for months now, any suggestions about what I could ask my doc about would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
    Katie G
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
    Smile

Hi Em. Hang in there - something will show up one of these days so you can get the right treatment. I think it may be your gall bladder, but can't say for sure. Just because your ultrasound was "normal" doesn't mean your gall bladder is - I had 2 hida scans and 2 ultrasounds with "normal" results, but when I finally had the GB out, it was severely inflamed and covered in scar tissue. Many of your complaints are very similar to the symptoms I had with gall bladder inflamation.

Keep us posted; I'm sending good thoughts/wishes your way!

Katie G

Old 03-28-2003, 11:30 AM   #3
    kat721
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kat721 HB User
    Posted>>>and now that I know I have cysts that may be an explanation to some of them, the fatigue irregular periods and bad pms. But I still get nauseas, and have the pain that gets so bad sometimes I just sit and cry and cry<<<<

Have you seen a Reproductive Endocrinologist?
    What is anyone doing for the cysts and the nausea?
    The pain too.
    kat

P.S. You don't have to be an alcohol drinker to have a fatty liver.
    It's also a problem connected to estrogen hormones, diabetes and high triglycerides.
    It's a non-alcoholic problem that presents with much the same problems as the alsoholic version.
    Liver trouble is bad either way you call it.
    Take care and eat lightly. You need a bland and easy diet if the liver has problems.

[This message has been edited by kat721 (edited 03-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by kat721 (edited 03-28-2003).]

Old 03-29-2003, 05:48 PM   #4
    No2Gluten

No2Gluten HB User
    Handsfull4:
    I posted this in one of your other posts, but will do it here too just in case you don't see the other one. If you can do a search for celiac disease or email me and I can give you some sites to check out the list of symptoms and info ...if it sounds a bit like your symptoms, then pursue it further.
    Hope you're feeling better soon and figure it out!!

EDITED: Removed url before the moderator does. My apologies for not reading the guidelines more carefully.

[This message has been edited by No2Gluten (edited 03-30-2003).]

[This message has been edited by moderator4 (edited 03-31-2003).]

Closed Thread