It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Constant Miserable Hunger Feeling. Any Ideas??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2003, 11:50 AM   #1
    fireflyarts

fireflyarts HB User
    Post Constant Miserable Hunger Feeling. Any Ideas??

Hi Everybody -
    Found this board in my search for answers and thought someone might be able to help!
    I recently changed my diet and eating patterns in hopes of dropping a bit of excess fat (I lift weights and just wanted to trim down a bit to be able to actually see those nice muscles I work for!).
    I've always been a "snacker". Never really paid much attention to regular mealtimes and just always grabbed a handful of something when hungry (could have been anything from pretzels to carrot sticks to cheese, etc.).
    Anyway, I really started watching what I eat and have been trying to adhere to "regular" meals.....approx 5-6 smaller meals spaced out every few hours.
    The problem is, since actually trying to eat meals without constant nibbling, I have discovered that I am constantly hungry. Even right after eating I have an "empty" sensation in my stomach, stomach is growling, and I feel physically hungry. Seems to actually be worse when eating more protein based meals.
    It's really quite miserable and has been going on for about 2 months (thought that maybe my body just needed time to adjust to the "new" way of eating but after this much time seems unlikely??).
    It almost seems like the larger the meal the worse my feeling of "hunger" afterwards. Everyone else that ate the same meal says they're "stuffed" and I feel like I'm starving! My stomach just seems to empty out instantly after eating!
    My blood sugar levels also appear to be fine too (I have a home blood glucose meter so I began checking it frequently). No pain in my stomach....everything seems to be normal except for being STARVING all the time!
    Does anyone have any clue what's wrong with my overactive stomach??
    Thanks in advance for any light (hopefully blinding!) that anyone can shed on this!
    All The Best -
    Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread