It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• H-pylori

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #136
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User
    Re: H-pylori

ya i was reading my report and this is what it said

first lets start with the aluminum it was 26.26 when it suppose to be less then 10

then the problem was in the silver/mercury amount becuase they have to do with the teeth fillings

so my silver was 6.39 when it suppose to be less then 1 so i have 6 times the amonunt

now the problem with mercury my mercury shows zero....yes zero when that happens my doctor told me that means its retained in my body and not leaving it....thats why he thinks i have mercury poision...and he think i also have candida with that and its the reason why its not letting the mercury out of my body.....now there is a better test then the hair test which i have an appointment on the 30th of august its called the TOXIC METALS DETECTION SCREEN that will tell me for sure whats going on

weird no????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #137
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Yes very unusual -- This Toxic Metal Test must be new -- I never heard of it. I will search it!!

After taking Biaxin, it is no surprise about the candida problems.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #138
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User

WoW Eric,
    i was reading all the posts to catch up since i have been gone for awhile, that poisoning thing is wild, and gives me pause to think after Harry's reply about symptoms because for years i have had alot of those symptoms and dr.s cant find anything then i feel like a fool for even going in. I feel SOOO much better i was off the evil Biaxin for 3 or 4 weeks before dr. gave me the carafate for stomach aches and i started the probiotic cuturelle that harry had mentioned in another post, i take them EVERYDAY and will for the rest of my life so maybe i wont get that horrible bacteria again or if i do atleast the antibiotics may not be so harsh. good luck on the metal thing, when do you get your teeth done?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:51 AM   #139
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

hi aaron we didnt hear from you in a while how you doing???

also becuase of all the stress all this casued me and the anexity associated i was put on ativan...and it made me feel good no symptoms....but for how long???

Old 08-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #140
    Earlene
    (female)

Earlene HB User

Eric 12345 I read some of your posts and wondered if you got rid of your nausea? I have been suffering w/nausea for a long time. Are you back to eating ok? I'm not.

Everyone,
    I was given Clindamycin, Levaquin for a preventive measure after dental work. Later developed cdiff from imbalance of flora. Given flagyl (made me sick) and Vancomycin. My nausea started w/the flagyl. Have been tested for everything and nothing but mild gastritis and hiatal hernia seen. My dr did a culture and sent it to Great Smokies Lab in NC. Anyone familiar w/this lab, is it reliable? It did show that I was low in bifidobacteria and may also want to take acidophillus. Dr. gave me Metagenics Ultra Flora Plus, 7.5 billion live organisms) but still have the nausea. Maybe not strong enough or not a good brand? It was a combination of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium lactis.
    Sorry for long post but really need help. Thanks.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #141
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Eric, you need to talk to more than the dentist this person is sending you to. Get a consensus of opinion. special dentist? Really, got a good thing going it sounds like. Any dentist can remove amalgam fillings, it doesn't take a special dentist but maybe they have a "special" relationship for referral fees. People have been removing these fillings for years and most of them don't feel any better and probably the other were the placebo effect. I know when people can't find answers they will be quick to jump on something but please don't spend all your money for one diagnosis which is somewhat suspect.

As for nausea ginger capsules help very quickly, even gingersnaps. Pepto helps also. I had it very bad for a while but was able to control it with these things rather than precription med which made me goofy. Many of us take Acidophalous and Bifudus and it helps. It is always worth a try without even testing the stomach as it won't hurt you.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:00 AM   #142
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Lightbulb Re: H-pylori

Earlene,

That Lab in NC is considered very good. You may have to take the probiotic supplement for a little longer before you feel any good results.
    The antibiotics you took are very strong and re-colonizing your friendly flora is not always as easy as it sounds.
    It is always good to limit or eliminate your sugar/ simple carbs your intake for awhile since all of that gastro bacteria thrive on sweets and get out of balance.-- It all needs to get back in balance for you to feel normal !!

I wish you well ~~~Harry

Old 08-23-2006, 08:18 AM   #143
    Earlene
    (female)

Earlene HB User

Harry, Is there anything that documents whether probiotics work better taken on empty stomach, before or after meals? These I have do not say anything. Maybe that means that it doesn't really matter. Yesterday I took it with yogurt, had some stomach rumbles throughout day and night but otherwise ok.

Canyondweller, Yes, I tried prescription med but it made me feel weird. Will try Pepto also.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:31 AM   #144
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Earlene,
    It is well documented but some makers put their probiotics in an enteric capsule and there are several on the market that work OK with meals-- I have found these do fine PB-8, Kyo Dophilus, Culturelle, Reuteri, Pearls, and Primal Defense.

Probiotics in general are damaged/ some destroyed by heat and stomach acids. So, it is best to take them on an empty stomach and stored in the refrigerator.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #145
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Some of mine say take with meal and store in fridge and others don't. I haven't seen much difference. I wonder if you can get too much good stuff. I read somewhere you can.

Earlene, try the ginger capsules too. Easier to carry with you though Pepto does make some chewables I have never tryed them. They use ginger for motion sickness and morning sickness. I was amazed how well it worked.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #146
    Earlene
    (female)

Earlene HB User

Canyondweller: I will get the ginger capsules also. Can't hurt. I have tried the tea and candy and ginger ale that has a lot of ginger in it but probably wasn't concentrated enough. Do you mean that we can get too many probiotics? Thx.

Harry: I probably should not empty the capsules in cool water or yogurt and take but that's what I've been doing. Enteric coating sounds good plus I called a health food store and they said that the pearls are very small. I just have a hard time swallowing capsules so opening the capsules worked great.
    I'll probably go for the nondairy one. Thanks again.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:14 AM   #147
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

how is everybody doing??? zolftman??? how u dong?? harry???? others??? its been weeks since the last post please update us......

Old 01-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #148
    feelingfine44
    (female)

feelingfine44 HB User

Hi everyone,
    Let me say I suffered for over 20 years with stomach pains and believed I had an ulcer. Doctor after doctor gave me gastric, acid, nervous, etc. I had some really bad episodes and my husband took me to a doctor who ran tests and found that I had H-Pylori...I spent several days in the hospital but I must say it feels good to eat, drink and be merry. The 14-day treatment (Prev-Pak) was a little harsh on my system. After a few days, I adjusted and have never felt better.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by feelingfine44; 01-31-2008 at 08:39 AM.

Closed Thread