It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• H-pylori

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2006, 06:25 AM   #46
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Arrow Re: H-pylori

eric,
    I think with you the antibiotics resulted in gastritis --inflammation of the stomach with all sort of side-effects.

Some people can be cured of that with just taking a PPI after finishing the antibiotic but everybody is different and respond so differently.
    How is the nausea doing? You should be able to now eat a normal meal but still on the bland side.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-19-2006 at 06:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2006, 06:35 AM   #47
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User
    Re: H-pylori

here is the truth... its been now 8 days since i started taking the mastic gum...and i didnt eat that healthy...and when i mean not healthy i mean it...like even i had mcdonalds...and i still feel more then 60% better i only get nausia for 1 hour a day

Old 07-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #48
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

btw harry...when u had gastratis...did your stomech felt hard like a rock after you ate???? and u burped alot....also how tired did u get????

Old 07-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #49
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    Post Re: H-pylori

eric,
    No I did not get a hard stomach or burp anymore than usual.

You know with gastritis -- it is an inflammation of the stomach lining. I would give it a break and certainly not try to eat food that is hard to digest while you are healing. Eat food that is easy to digest--- eating hambuger, fries and sodas is not what I would suggest for gastritis!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:57 PM   #50
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Ginger capsules work great for nausea. I went thru very bad nausea every night for a long time till I started with the ginger. Whatever I had is gone now but it sure helped get me thru till the other stomach problem cleared up. I also changed from Nexium to Prevacid. had to do this once before to get rid of problem.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:16 AM   #51
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Hello Harry,

I am starting to feel a difference. I am only taking 1 Primal Defense in the morning and will go up to 2 per day this weekend.

I read up about the process and that it actually cleans the body of leftover colds and infections.

I am having more bowel movements which is a good thing I guess to cleanse my body.

I will keep in touch.

Thanks,
    Aaron

PS: I have also been eating yogurt.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 AM   #52
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

harry what where your main symptoms with gastirits

arron good to hear you doing better

Old 07-20-2006, 06:53 AM   #53
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Aaron,
    Good to hear from you! I think things will really improve when you finish the antibiotic.
    We react so different to medication.

God Bless~~~Harry

Old 07-20-2006, 07:02 AM   #54
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

eric,
    it makes no difference what my symptoms for gastritis were--- because gastritis is not a single disease -- the symptoms can vary for a number of reasons--- how it is caused and how your stomach is being treated both Medically and by you ---

I suggest that you look up "Gastritis" on Google--- there is alot of information on various web sites.

God Bless~~~Harry

Old 07-23-2006, 07:31 AM   #55
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Hi Harry,

Question: My diarhea is gone; howver, my bwl movements are now long and thin. Sorry to be so graphic but they were usually not thin. Is this my body coming back to normal? I eat good meals so I guess that I was expecting more.

Also, I awoke a with a litlle nauseated this morning; however, I guess it's my body going through the cleansing process. I upped my Primal Defense tabs to 2 yesterday.

I find that I am taking my Primal Defense with food, does it really matter, or should I take it on an empty stomach?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Old 07-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #56
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Aaron,
    To have normal stools - a person needs 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily. It needs to be a combination of soluble and insoluble fibers.

A thin stool usually indicates that you are not intaking enough soluble fiber in your diet. But, many people don't. For me to get enough soluble fiber I take psyllium fiber supplement-- in the powder form from Wal Mart -- the Equate Brand-- like Metamucil--

Soluble fiber is a stool bulking agent-- it absorbs fluids. In foods it is the inner part of grains, beans, peas and root veggies. And, of course the water soluble fiber supplements like Metamucil, Citrucel, Benefiber and Fiber Choice-- all contain different soluble fibers.

Insoluble fiber is all fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and the bran in cereals, outer parts of beans, & peas and green beans.

All meats, seafood and all dairy products contain NO fiber.

It is best to take probiotic supplement on an empty stomach. I am sure that the Primal Defense container says best on an empty stomach. I always take whatever type I am taking before going to bed w/ yogurt for that dose.

BTW-- how are you doing w/ the Stonyfield Farm yogurt??

I wish you well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-23-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #57
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Thanks Harry,

Up until over a month ago, I was eating a bran muffin for breakfast each day and I stopped because I thought it was causing my stomach woes. It was probably how I was getting good fiber.

I am still eating the yogurt.

I just wonder now if I am taking enough of the Primal Defense. The package states 1 caplet 3 times per today; however, I am reading where people are taking 6-12 per day for the 1st 90 days. That's seems like a lot.

It's sort of weird to start to feel better, actually, a little scary since I have felt bad for so long... My mind will need to get used to feeling better.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Old 07-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #58
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Aaron,
    I think some people may need that many but I have never taken but just 2 daily of Primal Defense.

That is good that you are feeling better. You really have to be proactive with your health these days.

Also, I wanted to mention that I use the Grossan Hydro Pulse Nasal - Sinus Irrigation System -- I saw some time back that you have sinus problems in the spring-- you read up about it-- It is very Good.

Harry

Old 07-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #59
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Thank Harry.

I take 2 squirts of Nasonex in the morning which has helped my sinuses\allergies. I have also been taking 150mg of Effexor XL since February in the morning.

I now feel that a lot of my problems have been cause because of lack of nutrients and good bacteria in my body. Would you say so too?

I am single and not a real cook so I am going to grab a salad and light lunch at Ruby Tuesday's down the street. Over the past years, weekends were Wendy's, MacDonald's, Chick-fa-la and Burger King. I stopped that many months ago though.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Old 07-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #60
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Aaron,

I know you have heard this but I know it is true -- You are what you eat!!

Good health begins in the Intestines by what you eat. You have to have good digestion so you can absorb vital nutrients that are necessary for health-- you can eat your way to Optimum health and surely eat your way to Poor health.

I suggest that you get a Book -- "Prescription for Nutrional Healing"-- I just bought a new copy -- last week from the Vitamin Shoppe at a discount. Don't be intimidated by the size -- It is a reference book.

Take Care ---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 07-23-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Closed Thread