It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• H-pylori

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #76
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User
    Re: H-pylori

btw zman how old are you????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #77
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

I think it did because once an appetite is not normal, one simply eats enough to live; hence, not taking that last piece of pie or such.

So Eric, how are you know?

Zman

Old 07-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #78
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

not good...i am just waiting another week( so its 4 weeks) without ppi(nexium) so i can do the breath test to see if my h.ploryi is gone....i still have cramps in my stomach mostly on the lest side...then i feel bloated badly...plus i have some nausia here and there....its distroying my life!!!! btw zman how old are you???

i just have a feeling that i still have h.ploryi plus i developed ulcer toghter with some gasitirits....LUCKY ME!!!
    LOL

Old 07-31-2006, 06:32 PM   #79
    ZoloftMan
    (male)

ZoloftMan HB User

Hey there,

I did some research and found that most people have the h.p. bacteria in their stomach. It's just that some flare up and some don't. Further, I think that yours is gone and like me, you are having residual pain and bloating from the powerful antibiotics. My doctor advised today that it may take a month or so for the stomach to restore itself.

I also have suffered from General Anxiety and it seems like to may have some too. I know how you feel in that I had lunch with some old friends today and my stomach was just miserable. One them said that I just had a nervous stomach....starting a new job and such.

I asked my doctor to reinstate my Buspar prescription and he did so. It's an anti-anxiety medicine that has a building effect (unlike valium, xanax and similar). I had this stomach thing 10 years ago when I lost my mom, best friend and relationship within a 6 month span and it worked wonders for me. Anxiety just makes everything worse and keeps our minds on your stomachs.

Just hang in there buddy.....

By the way, where do you live? I live in NC.

Zman

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 PM   #80
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User
    Unhappy Re: H-pylori

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Harry
    Eric,
    The story here is gastritis is not graded -- here in the States-- I am not familiar with what Doctors do in Canada. Do they have measures of comfort to very uncomfortable??

An endoscopic exam is an exam that the Doc looks at your stomach lining --- if it is inflammed -- they take photos and you have gastritis period -- not severe or moderate or mild --- just gastritis..

I took Biaxin for 3 weeks because I had the symptoms of ulcers-- mostly stomach pain helped by eating bland foods. After it I was cured>> No nausea, no discomfort and not tired.
    I had diverticitis, protatitis and sinus infections not alot but enough times during the next 4 years -- took other antibiotics and in 2001 -- I had an endo
    I don't rememerer having nausea. But the pictures showed I had inflammation of the stomach--- I took several PPIs but they did not help -- then I took Mastica and have taken it several times since then.

I had chronic diverticular bleeding in 2/2002 and had 2 1/2 feet of my colon removed.

In 1997---, the breath test or blood test were not even used here in the States.

I might add that nausea is a natrual reponse of the pneumogastric nerve wanting to empty your stomach of something that is irritating it. I take a homeopathic remedy-- Ipecacuanha 6x to cure that.

I use homeopathic remedies to help problems like that and have for 30 years.

Take care~~~Harry
    Hello harry,
    first time on here hope you can help me too, was diagnosesd with h.pylori in may started prevpac for 2 weeks first week of june, i dont know if i got rid of it or not still have pain at times in mid stomach and the gnawing feeling also have diaherria sometimes or just small pencil shaped stools. still tired still feel full after small meals, do you think the flagyl would have worked better? felt really worse for awhile after starting antibiotics but cant say i feel better like i did before h.pylori. help what should i do?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM   #81
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User

Hello harry,
    first time on here hope you can help me too, was diagnosesd with h.pylori in may started prevpac for 2 weeks first week of june, i dont know if i got rid of it or not still have pain at times in mid stomach and the gnawing feeling also have diaherria sometimes or just small pencil shaped stools. still tired still feel full after small meals, do you think the flagyl would have worked better? felt really worse for awhile after starting antibiotics but cant say i feel better like i did before h.pylori. help what should i do?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 PM   #82
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

zman i live in toronto and i am 32 you??? and you are wrong sometimes the first set of anti biotics do not kill the bacetria..beucase its resisitant to the bactira and you have to try another set of anti biotics...so i think instead of biaxin you take fygel....i heard some people who had to take it 3 times in a row before it went away!!!!..............i just hate the feeling of tightness in my stomach after i eat only one piece of bread if you know what i mean

Old 07-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #83
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Get on a probiotic like Acidophalous and get your stomach balanced again. The antibiotics will mess it up but will normally get rid of the HP. You can get Acidophalous at any drug store or health food store and it will restore the good bacteria which got killed with the bad. Sometimes it takes two treatements to get rid of the H. P. I had to wait for 8 weeks before I was retested with breath test. I never showed HP on any test but when my Dr. did the endoscopy he said he knew it was that.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:33 AM   #84
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

canyondweller...so your first treamtment of the anti biotics didnt help you??? so you took the second time the anti biotics????

Old 08-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #85
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

No, mine did help but I have friends that have had to have it a second time. However, I did still have some intestinal problems until I got it balanced again with good stuff like Acidophalous. I had to go off all the PPI's for a couple weeks in order to get an accurate reading on the breath test and I definelty felt worse during that time. I was allowed to use Tagamet or Pepcid but not Nexium, etc. I guess you stomach is so used to the acid being surpressed that when you don't take something it goes crazy. When they went back in to check out inflammation, polyps,etc. it was clear but now I have a type of polyp in the duodenum thatt has to be watched. They are caused by too much acid and can become malignant. They cannot be removed because they sit on a blood supply so they can only be watched. One thing or another but over all stomach is feeling fine. Still taking PPI"s and probiotics, phazyme on a regular basis though. Just hate having that endo every year.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #86
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

your friend when did he take it the second time right after he finsihed the first time or few months...years later???? also its weird i dont have a pain it feels like something pulling inside...like something sitting on my stomach..lol its not like pain that i cant walk....is that the same pain you where getting??? also how long after you finished the anti biotics did you start feeling good???? i mean for me its only been 6 weeks now but i never really took any pro biotics

Last edited by eric12345; 08-01-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM   #87
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User

can you or anyone out there help me? i was diagnosed with h.pylori in late may after a week of diaherria i woke up one morning with diaherria from you know where with blood in it i went to er, thought i may have gastiritis gave me some pills to stop diaherria it did not, went to my own dr a week later she did the blood test and i went on the prevpac( eeks!) been off of it for about 3 weeks now but cant say i feel to much better, still get the gnawing pain on left side and yesterday my stomach hurt by navel until i started belching it eased up. stomach hurts after barely eating anything, i dont know if i got rid of the h.pylori or not or if im having symptoms of gastiritis from the prevpac, still have soft to diaherria stools. dont know how i got this stuff but not really happy, dont feel like doing much, out of 7 days may have 1 or 2 days i feel like doing anything, how long after treatment do you feel normal again? i see dr tomorrow i know she cant do the blood tests again and cant do the breath test cause i cant stop taking the prevacid, so if she thinks i may still have it just from my symptoms, should i take the flaygl route? and not to be gross but i have NEVER had a yeast infection in my life now after the biaxin i do. also did you have very smelly stools with this? i still do. any reply from ANYONE or ALL would be appreciated. I am so fed up

Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #88
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

i know the feeling pho...how old are you???? you see i have nausia and discomfort not pain in my stomach it started on the left side now it is in the middle not anymore in the left side....but it does not hurt just pressure....anyways like you i used to have dihariia but u know how i got rid of it...you wont believe it...i did an colonscopy and since i did it i dont have dihriia anymore!!!! instreastin no??? like you i eat little i get full right away...plus i burp alot as i have gas......as a matter of fact i got dignost with h.ploryi plus gastirits....on monday i am going to do my breath test to see if i still have it...becuase i have been 4 weeks off previced which did not help me anyways....man i cant wait to get back to the old good days

Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #89
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User

thanks for the response. early 40's. yea i like you long for the good ole days
    i read on one of the other messaged boards this guy took magnesium for the acid and it worked. might try it so i can get off of the previcid so i can have the breath test. yea im going to ask my dr about the colonoscopy thing tomorrow, i just want to see if that h.pylori did any damage down there exiting my body, know what i mean, mine isnt really a pain either just alot of pressure and the "gnawing" thing thats why im not sure im over the h. pylori the only good thing so far out of this is i have lost the little amount of weight i wanted to lose, plius alittle more, did start the probiotics just to try and get some good flora back in my body. I guess the magnesium also helps with the acid but allows enough to digest your food. might try it dont know yet

Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #90
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

ya you lose weight with h,ploryi did u have an ulcer or gastirits????

Closed Thread