It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• H-pylori

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-07-2006, 02:40 PM   #121
    sammybelle
    (female)

sammybelle HB User
    Re: H-pylori

i have been on here before and just made some brief mention of my problem. I am really looking to get some additional information if any one has any. My thing is I have been diagnosed with H. Pylori through a blood test. I have read on the board a lot of the symptoms that many people seem to have. Mine are different. I have a pressure pain in the middle of my chest. i have radiating pain into my lower back and my upper back, more intensely on the left side (not indicative of gall bladder). The pain in my back is similar to back labor and my chest is like a heart attack...extreme pressure. I don't have much trouble breathing, but the sensation that I NEED to breathe deeper, but this part is not painful at all. After being out on the meds, I am now having stomach problems: nausea, cramping in my stomach and very fatigued. i am extremely concerned that I may have a false postitive test or an additional problem. I jsut don't know for sure. Does anyone else have similar problems/pain. This is not a constant problem. it comes and goes. Recently it has been more frequent, but at times i go months without problems. i also have a lot of bloating and belching. I am just so confused! Any help, advice, suggestions,or comments would be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #122
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

sammybella you mean you finished the meds for h.ploryi you mean the anti biotics and now you feel nasuaited...weak...stomach pain??? well thats not news to me...after i finished the meds i feel the following...sometimes stomach pressure not pain...just like something is sitting on it...but i started taking probiotics and eating the culture yogurt and the last few days my stomach is much...MUCH better...still have some nausia but not as much....now the tired part...dont even start with me this anti-biotics specially biaxin killed me and i mean killed me...i am sooo tired...my legs feel tired...are your legs tired??? i have been talking to some people on other boards about the h.ploryi anti-biotics and they have all said they felt tired...you have to start exercising..go to the gym...i start doing it...and i feel like more energitic start working out now...last but not least...i feel like my head is light...like brain fog....oh and ya...dont be surprised if this medication will cause you anexity/depression/virtigo....its all there in printing as possible side effect...i know i got them all...thanks again biaxin...but i will work hard with the pro biotics plus the gym and i will beat it!!!!!

also question to others....after doing sooo much test..including ctscans...and yes i paid 2500.00 to have a petscan to check for cancers...tumors and it came back negitive....what are the chances that i might have PARASITE infection...the reason why i am saying it...the symptoms that i have are fitting PARASITE infection...why am i a possibilty...i am 32 and for 30 years of my life i have been living with a dog!!! at one point i had 2 dogs...they always slept in my room sometimes jumped on my bed during the night...and one of my dogs had heartworm.never mind that i used to travel to mexico and dominican republic 2wice a year
    2..NOW WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THAT I MIGHT HAVE PARASITE????INTERSTING NO

P.S MAYBE I STILL HAVE H.PLORYI i am doing the breath test on friday so next week i will know

Last edited by eric12345; 08-07-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 PM   #123
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Sammybelle,
    Sorry you are having such a rough time with the Helidac treatment for H.plori bacteria but the treatment as you know is taking 2 antibiotics and a Bismuth drug 4 times daily for 14 days. The antibiotics-- Flagyl and Tetracycline are very strong antibiotics and the Bismuth is given just in case the H.pylori bacteria that you have is resistant to the antibiotics -- you should also be taking an anti-acid drug like Zantac,Pepcid or Tagmet as part of the treatment.

All of these Meds should make you feel bad but Doctors don't warn you about this problem with the treatment because everyone does not react the same way.

You may have developed gastitris using such strong medications. The symptoms can very easily be associates belching, bloating and pain. You will probably need to re-balance the friendly bacteria in your intestines that the antibiotics killed off. Eating yogurt and taking several probiotic supplements will help re-establish the friendly bacteria in your GI tract. Also --Limit you sugar intake is a must because all yeast and candida thrive on sweets in any form!!

The pain in the middle of your chest could be a hiatal hernia??

I wish you well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-07-2006 at 09:54 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 AM   #124
    sammybelle
    (female)

sammybelle HB User

Eric and Harry,
    Thanks for the advice! To answer your question eric, I haven't even finished the meds. From day one that I started taking them I was feeling ill. I am foggy minded and get very lightheaded at times. I swear one day I am just gonna pass out. As far as getting exercise to help with fatigue; I am 25 with a husband, 2 kids, a full time college student and I have a full time job. I have very little time to do anything other than what I have to do.
    Harry~I don't know what a hiatal hernia is, but I will look it up and take your advice about the yogurt into consideration.

Also, i have no apetite. if I didn't eat all day, i'd be fine. I know I have to eat, but i become full almost instantly. For example yesterday I had a granola bar between 6:30 am and 8:00 pm and I was fine. Is a loss of apetite normal?

Thank you again

Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 AM   #125
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

sammybelle
    I thought you were on the Helidac treatment for H.pyloi bacteria??

Old 08-08-2006, 08:50 AM   #126
    sammybelle
    (female)

sammybelle HB User

Harry~I am on the the helidac therapy(bismuth, metronidazole/tetracycline HCI) for H.Pylori, but I still don't know what hiatal hernia is.

Let me explain what my doctor said to me. I went in to see the doctor during one of my attacks (that's what I call them because they come from nowhere) I had been in extreme pain in discomfort for about an hour and a half before he could see me. he told me that he recognized on my chart that I had similar problems in the past, occuring about every 6 months. Which is correct. Since numerous test had been done on my heart (because of the chest pain) he opted to test for gastrointestinal problems. A blood test was done. He said I think you have H. pylori (the test later confirmed) and told me that he would give me meds. NOTHING was explained to me, I only know anything about the illness because I have read it online. He didn't even ask me to come in for a post test to determine if the bacteria had been killed after treatment.
    So, i don't really know what is going on with me?! Any additional advice?

Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #127
    phoebeann
    (female)

phoebeann HB User

hi eric,
    did you go for your breath test yet? iwas tested for c.difficile and was negative gave me some syrup to take and i have felt much better since taking it was 4x a day now i take it before i go to bed still have alot of gas though and still tired, but like you i started walking again and seems to give me more energy to go a little longer every day, still taking the probiotics found the curelle ones that harry talked about in one of his posts, feeling so much better than i did i did lose a total of 15 pounds with this crap, the biaxin was horrible, told dr never to give me that again for anything!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 AM   #128
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

phoebean how long ago did you finished the biaxin??? do u feel tired...do your legs feel tired all day???

Old 08-11-2006, 03:45 AM   #129
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

AARON have not heard from you in weeks are you ok????

Old 08-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #130
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

ARE YOU ALL ALIVE!!!!!!!! I HAVE AN UPDATE YOU WONT BELIEVE IT

SO NUMBER ONE I HAVE NOT MORE H.PLORYI the breathtest revieled it

now to the amazing story...i have been suffering for months with nausia...weak legs...just tired all the time and some other symptoms...my doctor/humopath did some tests on me and he found that my mercury levels are screwed...guess what guys...i ahve tons of feelings with mercury....so according the to the lab tests i have mercury posion...can you guys beleive it??? did anybody hear about this before????

Old 08-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #131
    Canyondweller
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

That is very rare and hope that you have it tested at a reputable lab. There is nothing wrong with homeopaths but sometimes they do get a little off base. How did he test it. Hair? Nails?

Old 08-15-2006, 03:44 AM   #132
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

it was the hair test...how accurate are they...and could it make sense??? becuase i swear i have over 10 teeth fillings which i think 2 fell i dont know if i swalloed them or whatr and i have one loose beucase i have to go to the dentiest to re fill the them but do you guys believe its true or he is making this up and why would he????

Last edited by eric12345; 08-15-2006 at 03:49 AM.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 AM   #133
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Eric,

I think a hair analysis is the most reliable test if done at a GOOD Lab. I don't think it is for other minerals in your body. I read that mercury does not show up in blood or urine samples.

As you may know mercury is one of the most toxic metals--- even more than lead.
    Mercury is in the amalgam dental filling and is a prime source of mercury exposure according to the World Health Organization. But, it is in out food supply, water and soil. And, contaminates our waters and larger fish.
    Mercury is a cumulative poison.

The symptoms for significant amounts are arthritis, depression, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, hair loss, insomnia, memory loss, diarrhea, muscle weakness and excessive salivation.

What is your Doctor's teatment??

Harry

Old 08-15-2006, 08:13 AM   #134
    eric12345
    (male)

eric12345 HB User

HARRY its funny i have most of this symptoms...my doctor gave me some suppliments to take and he send me to special denstis to remove all my 10 mercury fillings...then i have to do some toxication...i am not sure how or when ...i just cant believe that this can happen harry have you heard of cases like this before????

btw my h.ploryi is gone!!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 07:31 AM   #135
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

eric,
    I think it is more common than we know or hear about-- there are many people that write on these boards that have symptoms that baffles their Doctors. And, It not all in your head.

I have read about heavy metal toxicities and poisonings--Lead poisoning, copper toxicity, cadmium, nickel and mercury toxicity. Many doctors don't run hair analysis -- because It has a sorta bad rap.

I heard on the news-- about a family in California that ate too much large type fish -- I think it was Sword fish 4 or 5 times weekly and they developed Mercury Toxicity.

I took Chelation Therapy abourt 12 years ago -- an IV of EDTA for 30 treatments in an effort to try to reduce heart skipping -- it didn't work for that but it does improve blood circulation and it chelates heavy metals from your body.
    I think your doctor may be using oral chelation therapy with supplements.

Several people that I met at the Doctor's Office had hair analysis and had too much lead and mercury in their system. And, several people had the filling replaced that were amalgam type because there mercury level were elevated and they were having some odd symptoms that were not related to poor blood circulation.

I also read that the Swedish government has ban the use of amalgam fillings.

I know Chelation by IV treatment was and is costly -- $6000 and insurance did not cover it but did cover a person that had lead toxicity. At that time there were only 2Doctors that supervised giving IV Cheation Therapy in South Carolina.

I think WE live a an ever increasing polluted world.

I certainly hope you Do well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-16-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Closed Thread