It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Questions, and getting no answers.....anyone with info or suggestions!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
    MomtoMany

MomtoMany HB User
    Question Questions, and getting no answers.....anyone with info or suggestions!

Hi I have been posting on the Liver disorder boards, but I am getting no where with info.
    I will post my Ultrasound and lab results after a little history,
    I was diagnoised in april w/ a Gluten allergy, hiatal hurnia, and a raw stomach. This was diagnoised after and endoscopy. Prior I had had an ultrasound, MRI, and Cat scan, showing nothing but a fatty Liver (gi was not conserned at all, and cysts on my ovares.) I was suffering from right side rib pain, bloating, fatigue, and a mass of other symptoms. I was checked for everything under the sun, all test results were normal. I am now on a gluten free diet, and Nexium, and levsin meds for the stomach. But condition has worsened. My regular doc is takeing another look at my liver, the pain is worse, and fast, I am very swollen, and bloated. After eating sometime, and sometimes after not even eating I have spells, I get very dizzy, and quissy, my chest, and side, and back will hurt, I will have a low grade fever, these spells always pass, but they are daily now. Todays was so bad, I really had hoped I would vomit just to feel better. My doc ordered new liver tests, and an ultrasound that I go in for on tuesday. My regular doc has always worried why I would have a fatty liver, I hardly ever drink, I'm not obese but I'm not my reg weight for my height eather, I can't loose wight and my whole family knows I don't eat much, so these episodes of drastic weight gain, then lose confuse everyone, for a few months I will feel great loose 15 pounds, then in the matter of weeks I gain it all back and am sick as a dog. Please anyone with insight. I know all the tests will come back normal again, what else can it be. I am despritly seeking info and support.
    Deeply in pain and sick...........

Copy of previous post on Liver boards.........

Hi I am a 27 yr old mother of 4, last april I was finaly diagnosed with a gluten allergy after a biopsy of my small intestin during the tests they also found that I have a fatty liver. My regular doc showed consern but the GI he refered me to did not, after he diagnosed me with the allergy he said to just stay away from gluten as much as possible and that was it. I am on two meds for a hiatial hurnia and a raw stomach that were found at the time of the biopsy as well.
    Anyway, I have now been on this new gluten free diet since, and i was starting to feel better for awhile but recently things have gotten worse and quick. I am retaining water bad, and bloated all the time. my side and back hurt alot and I get head aches, I can't sleep I am always fatigued. I have put on 15 pounds in the matter of two weeks, and all my clothes are tight. I am strict on my diet , not very active, due to the fatigue, and I snack on small meals after noon, and normaly have a regular dinner. I recently cut soda out of my diet do to the swelling, and cut back on salt. Due to my gluten free diet some of the few things I can snack on are meat and cheese so I know I am eating fatty food, and that will be hard to stop, it would leave me with fruits and veggies only :-( I went and saw my regualr doc today, they weighed me in at 169 I am 5'4" i was at 155 a couple weeks ago. My sister dosen't understand why I can weigh the same as her, and fit in a smaller size but I do. My doc ordered another ultrasound on my liver and some other blood and urine tests. Now all these same tests were done 6 months ago and were fine. Could my fatty liver of gotten worse since? I had every test done I can think of but a biopsy. My gi wouldn't even consider my liver a problem befor I dought he would find it one now. I want to feel better and all I can do right now is sit on my bum, and feel bad. I am very sick and swollen. I go back to my regular doc in two weeks to discus the results and try and decide what to do next. I asked him about meds for the swelling and a diet pill for appetite surpressent and energy but he wouldn't discuss any of that till after the tests are done. I have a history of bladder and kidney infections, I had 1 gallbladder attack w/ my 4th pregnancy. I have had problems looseing weight for about 6 years now. Any one have any insight, info, how long it took them to feel better, how to loose the weight??? anything please?
    thanks so much

post 2.............

Ok here are the results of my test done 8 months ago, I won't have the new test results for 2 weeks. I have been bloated for a few days now and drinking only water, and not haveing any salt hasen't stopped the bloating I look 6 months pregnant. Since last night my right side has been hurting and my back and chest. sometimes the pain gets to a really bad stabbing pain and then subsides.
    any way here are the results
    EXAM: Abdomen Ultrasound DATE OF EXAM: Feb 11 2003
    CLINICAL HISTORY:
    Right upper quadrant pain.

FINDINGS:
    Sonographic evaluation of the abdomen was performed and is compared to the prior examination of 02/01/02 (gallbladder attack at 7 months pregnancy with 4th child) Increased echogenicity of the hepatic parenchyma suggests a mild to moderate degree of diffuse fatty infiltration. Focal sparing is seen in the region adjacent to the gallbladder fossa. No definite focal hepatic mass or lesion is seen, and the liver is otherwise homogeneous and unremarkable inappearance. The gallbladder is normal in appearance and is free of stones. No intra-or extahepatic bile duct dialation is seen. The pancrease, spleen, kidneys, aorta and IVC are unremarkable in appearance. There is no evidence of splenomegaly.

IMPRESSION: 1. Mild to Moderate diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver. Focal sparing is seen in the region of the gallbladder fossa. The liver is otherwise homogeneous and unremarkable in appearance. No evidence of cholelithiasis or bile duct dilatation. Remainder of examination is otherwise unremarkable. No evidence of splenomegaly.

LABS DONE: 02/05/03

"TEST NAME" "RESULTS" "UNIT OF MEASURE" "REF RANGE"

AST 19 U/L 2-35
    ALT 24 U/L 2-40

I willpost the current results when I have them.
    Thanks again.

post 3..............

I was just curious if someone could tell me exactly what Sparing would mean involveing my liver, I can't find a definition on the internet for it here is a copy of my ultrasound lab result from 8 months ago, I go in for another on tuesday, My grandmother had hepititis, type not known to me, and had cirrosis of the liver. She also had crests syndrom which they are watching me regularly for. I also have liver spots, the brown spots in odd places, I have always dismissed them but I am getting more of them mostly on my arms. Could that be a sign that things are getting worse, I'm thinking of demandeing a biopsy regardless of what the next US says. Any suggesgestions comments please. I have been battleing with illness for along time now and still haven't gotten a solid diagnosis.
    I have been diagnoised w/ Gluten allergy, Hiatal hurnia, ulcers, ovarian cysts. still sick even with treatment of these ailments. Just hopeing someone could talk to me about all this maybe someone that has been thru the ups and downs of tests that took forever for a diagnosis. Thanks for any help......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread