It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• lots of blood

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2006, 05:09 AM   #1
    LCR
    (male)

LCR HB User
    lots of blood

So, what do you think this is?
    When I have bowel movements...I have been having lots of blood pass. Not just a dab on the toilet paper...we are talking dripping blood. It is bright red. Volume wise it is maybe around a tea spoon or so with clotted blood on the t.p. Usually there is no pain...just the shock of seeing all the blood. However, my, um, well, my anus is itchy and sore and painful. Can hemmroids produce that amount of blood? I know I ought to (and will) go see a doctor, but thought i'd see what you all say here. I have had blood in the past a time or two, but usually just a small spot on the t.p. and that is it. This latest thing with the heavy flow has been going on for about 8 weeks...not every b.m., maybe one of 3 times or so.

I am freaked out it is cancer or something!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 08:57 AM   #2
    backslide05
    Veteran
    (female)

backslide05 HB User
    Re: lots of blood

I know how seeing all that blood can freak you out.
    I've experienced the same thing and it does sound like hemmorroids to me. especially with an itchy sore anus. I have internal hemmorhoids and they don't hurt but when they get inflammed and bleed it's always upsetting to see all that blood and you really wonder what's going on.
    I would suggest getting to a gastroenterologist and maybe have a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy. that would let you know for sure what's going on.
    Spicy food will aggrevate mine, so maybe see if changing your diet helps.
    take care.

Closed Thread