It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Anyone have any gastroenteritis remedies?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2007, 06:10 AM   #1
Kansas1
(female)

Kansas1 HB User
Anyone have any gastroenteritis remedies?

The doctors told me I had viral gastroenteritis about a month ago. Stomach ache, rotten egg burps, watery diarrhea and gurgly intestines for two days. Then every three to ten days since then, I get the rotten egg burps and a stomach ache in the evening, then sure enough I wake up with watery diarrhea for a few hours until everything is cleared out. I am fine for a three to ten days then it comes back again, same symptoms.

My family got sick with vomiting/diarrhea about a week and a half after my first bout of diarrhea, but they all seem to have gotten over it. My 2 Ĺ year old daughter had diarrhea once about a week ago, but now seems fine. My son was born six weeks before the diarrhea started and I had a few panic attacks (hyperventilating, no chest pain) the first week of diarrhea, but they said it was due to stress and I havenít had panic attacks since then or before the diarrhea.

Is my digestive system just out of wack? Or is there something else wrong with me?

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Kansas1
(female)

Kansas1 HB User
Re: Anyone have any gastroenteritis remedies?

Thank you for the relply. I will try those breathing exercises. I have a hard time believing it is just stress causing all this.

I have called the doctor office everytime I get diarrhea.
They tell me it is the same stomach bug and stress.
Although my daughter has had diarrhea the same time as my last two episodes, although not as watery. I don't want to go to the doctors if there is really nothing wrong. This last week when I called them, I did mention that I thought giardia had the same symptoms, but they didn't think it was that and said to call if it got worse. It hasn't gotten worse, it just keeps coming back every few days. If it is just a stomach virus, how long should I wait? How long can this go on if it is a stomach virus?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Pokey2
(female)

Pokey2 HB User
Re: Anyone have any gastroenteritis remedies?

It sounds like what you had has upset your whole digestive system. Sometimes it takes time to get over. Some other things possibly could develop as well. I've had sick spells ever since the change, I've all kinds of problems since, like the H-pylori bacteria. I have a sensitive stomach, I know. I just get so tired of being sick to my stomach from one thing or the other.
I do think nerves may make mine worse and I have a hurting in the gall bladder area...Try eating some type of yogurt if you can eat it. I like the Danactive and think it's helped me, and Activia.
Just thinking your digestive system may need rebalancing...just some of my opinions. Hope I could help.

Pokey2

Closed Thread