It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Reglan - Any Experience?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2007, 06:57 AM   #1
Ladybiker
(female)

Ladybiker HB User
Reglan - Any Experience?

Has anyone used Reglan? The doctor is going to call it in for my nausea (after gallbladder surgery). Sounds like a lot of side effects that I have read about on the internet. Anyone used? Any experience with it? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
brisson1
(female)

brisson1 HB User
Re: Reglan - Any Experience?

I have been taking metoclopramide for about 15 months now and have had only one side effect of breast swelling, no other problems at all.
I find it works quite well for the nausea and feelings of fullness that i have.
I find that the breast issues are less bothersome than the nausea.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
bananarama
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

I have been using reglan in conjunction with Phenergan for about 4 months now to help with nausea and vomitting while the doctors figured out what was wrong. Both put together helped me, and I have had no side effects. They finally figured out it was my gallbladder on Thursday, and I talk to a surgeon on Friday about having it removed. Hope it helps you!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
Ladybiker
(female)

Ladybiker HB User

Leapfrog -- So you are using the Reglan and no side effects? Has it really helped the nausea??? Maybe I need to try to get back on the Reglan. I only took one dose of it.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
Beppie1
(female)

Beppie1 HB User

What do they usually prescribe Reglan for? My 80 year old mother is taking for nausea but does not have anything else wrong according to cat scan.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #6
miknan
(male)

miknan HB User

Been taking Reglan 4 x day with Prilosec for nausea and reflux. It has helped quite a bit. The only problem at all is a very bad bitter/acidic taste I have in my mouth all the time which may not even be from the Reglan. I've been drinking a lot more water when I take my meds and it seems to be helping a lot. No other side effects so far and like I said, it has helped.

Leapfrog, Good luck on your surgery. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I am still contemplating if I am going to get mine out or not.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
bananarama
Senior Veteran
(female)

bananarama HB User

Ladybiker, Yeah, maybe you should try it again. the doctors have taken me off of it before, and my nausea returned right away, but when I was put back on it, the nausea subsided (as long as I was using Phenergan at the same time).
Miknan, Thanks! I will certainly keep you posted! I am seeing hte surgeon on Friday, an am really nervous about it, because oh wow, am I being pulled in all different directions from professors, to doctors, to parents, and my freinds. They all have different opinions on when I should have it done, adn they all expect me to take their advice! Let me just follow the advice of the surgeon I say. They don't seem to understand, that it is my body, and I am in pain, and I can't please everyone, and why should I have to? Ok, well, getting off of my soapbox now...thanks for the encouragment!

Closed Thread