It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Lactose Intolerance not sure?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Crystalgray
(female)

Crystalgray HB User
Lactose Intolerance not sure?

I've been really sick for over a year now and unable to figure out what's wrong with me, I've truly gone from theory to theory and doctor to doctor, yet the other day I noticed that after a bowl of cereal all the symtpoms I've been complaining of--got worse. I've had gas, bloating, bad breath, belching, and stomach discomfort for a year and a half now. My latest doctor has been treating me for IBS, I am currently on Zelnorm and Miralax. Nothing has really helped. Yet, the other day I really paid attention to my symptoms, I noticed that about an hour after eating the cereal things got really bad the smell (from my breath) I've been complaining about came back and I had the worse gas ever. I have results from a bacterial overgrowth test I had in February and it showed that after ingesting the lactose my hydrogen levels tripled by an hour and doubled that with another yet my methane levels were low.

I am not sure this is it so I wanted to ask for any similar stories. At this point I really would rather not see another doctor, will OTC meds help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Mike In NY
Inactive
(male)

Mike In NY HB User
Re: Lactose Intolerance not sure?

Last fall I had a similar problem. Lots of bloating, belching and discomfort. I avoided doctors and meds. Did a lot of research and ended up ordering a powerful Probiotic. Two capsules contain 15 different strains and 35 Billion Microorganisms. It worked. I continue to take two casules each morning after breakfast. I can eat anything I want with no problems. No more abnormal bowel movements, gas, belching and the cost is just $27.77 for a two month supply. I mentioned this to the doctor last month when I went for an annual blood test. He applauded me for not taking meds and wanted the name of the product. This doctor believes in alternative/holistic medicine and shares an office with a Chiropractor which is unheard of. I'm also using Kefir (probiotic). It's possible that your body is telling you that you have far too much bad bacteria and is craving for the good bacteria. I've also used an alternative approach to high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
micferg66
(female)

micferg66 HB User
Re: Lactose Intolerance not sure?

Mike in NY can you tell me the name of the powerfull probiotic you are taking? I suffer from bouts of severe gas and bloating so much that I cannot breathe. They seem to start after I eat something thats either gasy or acidic. This time it was chili with these huge kidney beans. After that it seems to get worse after everytime I try to eat something. Its been a week this time so far. I wanted to try the probiotic but I want a good one and it seems you have got yourself a good one.

Thanks for the help.

Closed Thread