It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Leaky Gut Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
    Sco24
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Sco24 HB User
    Leaky Gut Help!

okay everybody, i really need some help here.

basically i've had leaky gut for almost 2 years now. changed my diet completely, cut out gluten and other allergens but allergies kept coming on. during this time i did a Mercury detox with DMPS and DMSA which turned my tongue yellow in the process.

Now, I've been tested for Candida through stool and blood and it's come up negative.. also negative to H. Pylori.

soooooo, what happened here? something is keeping the leaky gut around.

One doc mentioned it probably was the DMPS and DMSA use which either dumped Mercury into my gut, or just ripped it apart of the months I was taking this stuff (orally i might add).

Another alternative doc said I have a parasite, which I sometimes doubt because i don't have diareah and i don't have intestinal pain....

sooooooo, i need help.. first, how do i heal my stomach up and stop the leaky gut? I take L-glutamine, but only 2g a day... not that much i hear to heal it up.. second, i started taking NATREN Healthy Trinity probiotics..

Now, do you guys think this will heal it up>??? or is there more i should do... just really want to get this fixed so my food allergies calm down.

Thanks
    Scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #2
    dyana
    (female)

dyana HB User
    Re: Leaky Gut Help!

Hello, In march I had an emergency colon resection because of diverticulosis.
    I still have alot of them. I am always neasous, diareha (sp) stomach cramps. My doctor said I have leaky gut sydrome also. He put me on Nexium but doesn't help much. What treatment have you had? have you done a search on it. I have found several articles on it. Good luck to you, sorry I can't help you. Dyana

Old 07-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
    Anne AMP
    (female)

Anne AMP HB User

I've had leaky gut about a year now. The GI doc says it is because of my toxic mold exposure and has mess up my digestion. I am taking GI Encap by Thorne, Pancreatic Enzymes called "AquaPure 031 - Pangestyme EC Caps" and Flora-Smart probiotics. I think this combo has helped because I have noticed and improvement in my stool. The bad news is that my doctor says this may work for a while and then stop working. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
    caroleye
    Veteran
    (female)

caroleye HB User

I have gastritis & leaky gut syndromes, and my research has shown that the amino acid L-glutamine is the best out there to help heal the intestine.

I can't tolerate anything orally, so am having the glutamine compounded into a cream that I can use topically.

Will start this in a few weeks.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
    caroleye
    Veteran
    (female)

caroleye HB User

Well I get sick on the compounded glutamine, so just ordered a product called "Seacure", which is supposed to help leaky gut. It's made up of haddock fish protein (pre-digested), and that's where you get the glutamine.

They have a return policy, so decided to give it a try. Anyone else?

Closed Thread