It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Chronic Serve Upper right Abdominal Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
    oucollegechic85
    (female)

oucollegechic85 HB User
    Chronic Serve Upper right Abdominal Pain

I have had Chronic Serve Upper right Abdominal Pain for the past year. One year ago out of no where I was hit with pain suddenly and starting vomitting. I went to the ER and they ran tests including an Endo. They sent me home and I was back in the ER within 8 hours later. They then ran a HIDA scan and more tests and after being in the hospital for a week decided they were going to remove my gallbladder. After surgery it was def an interesting recovery but Im sure it could have been worse if it wasnt laporscopic. 3 weeks later I was in the SAME exact pain I was before surgery and I have still had this pain for the past year, its been getting worse and worse everyday. I have been to the ER in the past year 15 times. I have been on and off at least 20 different meds and I currently take Percocets often for my pain because its the only thing right now that'll at least "take the edge off." I have had several CT scans xrays MRIs Upper GI scan HIDA scans Endos bloodwork and the last test was a colonoscopy. Everything ALWAYS comes back clean and at first that was always promising, BUT I KNOW there is something wrong with me and not its just getting to the point to making me depressed because no one knows whats wrong and sometimes I just hope that the Dr will tell me I have something and I wouldnt even care if it was horrible, I just want to know. Im tired of dealing with physicans giving me attitude and telling me I need to handle my pain better, because if they ever had the pain I have on a daily basis they would not enjoy it. Along with the pain I have nausea CONSTANLTY, alot of diharea, there are alot of times I cant eat because Ill get sick, I lost 30lbs in one month (but I have stayed at my current weight for the past 6 weeks and havent lost any more) but I wasnt even trying to loose weight at all. Im always shaking and my friends make fun of me for that. I feel like Im going to pass out alot, even when Im eating normal I feel this way. But the pain is consistant on a daily basis and radiates to my back at times. I oftenly have a hard time catching my breath and have chest pain. My legs or arms will go numb at times as well. Im ALWAYS having to urinate (and Im not diabetic boarderline either) I am always tired but I can never sleep. Its between a 4-6 on a pain scale and when I end up in the ER usually its a 8-10. I really cant handle this anymore, I just really wish someone could help me or tell me what to tell my DR to test me for because clearly no one can help me. I have also been going to a pain clinic for the past 4 months, that seems to not be helping either. The GI DR has also told me there isnt much he can do and I need to talk to my family physican. So anywho the only thing i have right now is my faith, family, and my boyfriend. Other than that I seriously do want to die when Im in pain. But I did find information on a disease called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome or also known as POTS syndrome. But I havent had any luck finding out about that. Another Dr. said to look into Porphyria and a nurse said to get checked for Lymes Disease. So I dunno. If anyone has had a similar experience please msg me. Thanks everyone and God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
    trowftd3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

trowftd3 HB User
    Re: Chronic Serve Upper right Abdominal Pain

I am sooo aorry that you having this pain and the doctors don't know what it is.
    That I can relate to. I have had lung pain and shortness of breath for the past four years after a severe bout of atypical pneumonia. The docs say my lung can't have pain and I don't have shortness of breath!? I would kill for a diagnosis...I never go to the er cause they would probably sit me in a corner and leave me...no diagnosis...no treatment.

Enough about me....Have you thought of a food allergy? If you're allergic to wheat or gluten or even dairy you could have some of the same symptoms.
    There used to be someone here on the boards with pots not sure if they're still around. Just try to get help for your pain and don't give up searching for that diagnosis. Lyme disease can be hard to diagnose. Have you researched it?
    I'm sorry I can't help more....hang in there...don't give up. There are a lot of wonderful people here that are very supportive. Keep us posted. ~Mush

Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 AM   #3
    germanshepherd
    (female)

germanshepherd HB User

I myself have never herd of this before and this doesn't sound like your symtoms. Have they looked in your small intestine or even a colonoscopy? I will keep searching for you to see if I come up with anything. So sorry you are suffering, take care, Tammy

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-28-2007 at 10:25 AM.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
    oucollegechic85
    (female)

oucollegechic85 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by trowftd3 View Post
    I am sooo aorry that you having this pain and the doctors don't know what it is.
    That I can relate to. I have had lung pain and shortness of breath for the past four years after a severe bout of atypical pneumonia. The docs say my lung can't have pain and I don't have shortness of breath!? I would kill for a diagnosis...I never go to the er cause they would probably sit me in a corner and leave me...no diagnosis...no treatment.

Enough about me....Have you thought of a food allergy? If you're allergic to wheat or gluten or even dairy you could have some of the same symptoms.
    There used to be someone here on the boards with pots not sure if they're still around. Just try to get help for your pain and don't give up searching for that diagnosis. Lyme disease can be hard to diagnose. Have you researched it?
    I'm sorry I can't help more....hang in there...don't give up. There are a lot of wonderful people here that are very supportive. Keep us posted. ~Mush

Thanks so much for responding I wasnt sure anyone would since i wrote so much. I dont think I have Cilliac disease because my cousin has it and Im familar with it. I dont ever really feel sick after eating its usually later at night or really early morning (so basically no where even near when Im eating) at the least the severe pain. Although I dont know if they ever did test me for it. I appreciate you taking your time and responding I really hope as well that you will find some help with your pain

Last edited by oucollegechic85; 07-28-2007 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Add something

Old 07-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #5
    oucollegechic85
    (female)

oucollegechic85 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by germanshepherd View Post
    I myself have never herd of this before and this doesn't sound like your symtoms. Have they looked in your small intestine or even a colonoscopy? I will keep searching for you to see if I come up with anything. So sorry you are suffering, take care, Tammy

Yes I had a colonoscopy a week ago and it was fine...I really appreciate the support, sometimes i really only feel it from my friends and bf and sometimes my family...but of course my mum likes to say maybe ur stressed out and i know that thats not it there is something wrong...but i will agree yes im stressed but its because of me not feeling well thats wuts stressing me out!!!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
    penybobeny
    Inactive
    (female)

penybobeny HB User

Hi there...

It might be worthwhile to look into a condition called autonomic neuropathy...

Alot of your symptoms seem to fit into this condition and it would not be a bad idea to rule this out.

I hope that you find an answer soon.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
    oucollegechic85
    (female)

oucollegechic85 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by penybobeny View Post
    Hi there...

It might be worthwhile to look into a condition called autonomic neuropathy...

Alot of your symptoms seem to fit into this condition and it would not be a bad idea to rule this out.

I hope that you find an answer soon.
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I appreciate everyones responses

Old 07-30-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
    oucollegechic85
    (female)

oucollegechic85 HB User

Im going to the Drs on Friday for blood work and such, if anyone else has any ideas that I should bring to my Drs attention itd b greatly appreciated thanks and God Bless

Old 08-06-2007, 06:24 AM   #9
    Sisty
    (female)

Sisty HB User

Yes I would definitely get checked for Porphyria. It is a 24 hour urine test. I have had the exact same thing upper stomach pain on the right side. Everything came back clean for the past 7 months. CT's, MRI, Ultrasound, Colonoscopy, endoscopy, Hida scan, etc etc ......I am sick and tired of it and no answers. I was checked by a Neurologist for Porphyria and it came back positive 3 times. Now the hemotologist I was referred to told me it is not it. ( even though he never treated anyone for it and only knows what he learned on the internet!!??) So now I am being tested again I am doing the urine test today! So it does not hurt to check it out. The american porphyria foundation has a good site. Let me know if they find out anything.Good luck.
    Sisty

Closed Thread