It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Nausea, numbness, weight loss.. help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
    shoutinsilence
    (female)

shoutinsilence HB User
    Nausea, numbness, weight loss.. help?

Hii. First, a list of my symptoms, to make things less complicated.

- Constant nausea with no vomiting, though I feel very close to vomiting all the time. made worse with eating. surges when I need to go to the bathroom.
    - Bloated abdomen
    - The area of skin above my right armpit where my collarbone ends is numb to the touch. The left side is only slightly numb.
    - Pain on both sides of my collarbone and the underside of my jawbone when I apply pressure.
    - Weight loss (about 12 pounds)
    - Change in bowel movements (less frequently, difficulty going, feeling like I have to go then not having to when I try)
    - Mild headaches. When I have a headache, sound doesn't become painful for me, but just intensely frustrating. It's hard to describe.
    - Supposed yellowing of the eyes, but I've dismissed this as nothing because my eyes have been slightly yellow for a very long time.
    - Dry mouth, most of the time.
    - Occasionally mixing up words and feeling like I can't string together a sentence.

This nausea started right after July 4th. The numbness and pain didn't start until August 11th. I went to the doctor and he sent me for bloodwork. He tested me for mono, hepatitis, and some kind of parasite. The results? My CO2 levels were at 13% and my bilirubins were quite high. With this, he decided I may have Gilbert's Syndrome, which I've yet to confirm, but something is telling me that it's not GS. Also, when the doctor told me that it may be GS, he said I 'just had to live with it'. No matter what I do, nothing helps to alleviate the nausea.

On the weight loss, I lost most of the weight when I first started feeling sick, because I stopped eating, thinking it was a stomach virus. Now that I'm eating again, the weight isn't coming back at all. I've been eating close to normal (actually, I've been eating more junk food than usual) for 3 weeks.

I really hope you can point me in the right direction with this, because it's interfering with my life. I don't want to/can't go out because of the nausea. My sleeping habits are ruined too, because when I start to fall asleep, my body wakes up because I'll feel like I'm going to vomit.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
    Barrygood
    (male)

Barrygood HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Nausea, numbness, weight loss.. help?

My suggestion would be for you to get all your Lab Results(bring them w/you) and seek a different Physician or a Hospital connected with a good Medical School.
    There must be a better way to treat all the discomfort you are currently experiencing.

Closed Thread