It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

What kind of a Doctor?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 108
AlanPi HB User
Question What Doctor to be recommended?

I don't know what would be the specialists I need to see for my Gallbladder/Liver/Pancreas problems. I have lost some faith with my long time family Doctor so I will be visiting my other Doctor soon, but in the mean time I need a specialist to diagnose my problems timely...

If there are any recommendations for doctors in the Las Vegas area, that will be great! Thanks in advance,


Last edited by AlanPi; 04-26-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 36
Re: What kind of a Doctor?

Gastroenterologist: A physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and biliary system.

I always recommend working through your PCP but if you feel you must go directly to a specialist then you would need a Gatronenterologist.


Old 04-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 108
AlanPi HB User
Re: What kind of a Doctor?

Thank you Lori that's it! I remember having an upper "GI" x-ray done a few years back. That must be Gastrointestinal, and the physician would be Gastroenterologist!


Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
What the heck is wrong with me? takenbylovely Open to All Other Health Topics 3 07-20-2011 07:59 PM
First PM Appt - Has Anyone Felt This Way & What Did U Do? cheryl810 Pain Management 49 02-18-2009 05:40 AM
Toxic Poisioned,Soooo sick! Doctor doesn't know what is wrong with me. PLEASE HELP. startracks Open to All Other Health Topics 7 10-05-2008 07:50 AM
Not sure what kind of thyroiditis I have - can you help? Ruthie84 Thyroid Disorders 1 09-17-2008 03:38 PM
So many health problems... What's wrong with me!? LdyNY General Health 10 06-22-2008 08:01 PM
Can someone PLEASE let me know what their "initial" symptoms were? hopalong_too Muscular Dystrophy 8 01-04-2008 10:18 PM
Help! What is wrong with me? exist21 General Health 55 09-19-2005 05:45 AM
what kind of doctor should you see? spriggy Fibromyalgia 3 06-06-2005 09:31 PM
breast lift/reduction, what to expect? *music23* Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery 8 01-02-2005 07:19 PM
What Kind of doctor? what kind of tests? AmericanOrange Chronic Fatigue 3 02-29-2004 09:45 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!