It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomach Issues... doctors don't know whats wrong. Help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
    mattgeiger
    (male)

mattgeiger HB User
    Stomach Issues... doctors don't know whats wrong. Help please

Ive been going to a GI doctor and Ive had a barium test, an endoscopy, and numerous blood tests. Everything cam back normal. According to the blood tests, I have no inflammation in my body, no food alergies, and kidneys and liver are working fine... Everything is normal. But I know that something is wrong with my digestive system.

These are my symptoms

-my bowel movements are normal except for the fact that they have little to no smell. You could go in the bathroom after Im done and you wouldn't know I was in there.

-my gas is almost 100% odorless.

-I don't have stomach pain but If I press on my lower abdomen its tender

-I get minor indigestion after eating... it feels like the food just chills in my stomach/intestine area for longer than it should and I have those large ďI just finished a big mealĒ type burps for hours after eating.

-minor bloating

-I don't have much of a decreased appetite but I never get that really hungry growling stomach feeling like I used to.

-It doesnít matter if itís a mood stabilizer, a beta blocker, or an antidepressant, when I take medication I feel absolutely nothing, as if I didn't even take it. Its like my stomach can't absorb the pills and turn them into something my body can use. I took a beta blocker and it had no effect on my anxiety attacks. I took antidepressants a few months back and every time I took them they would make me manic. Now when I take them nothing happens. Iíve tried five different mood stabilizers and they do nothing to improve my mood. This is a huge problem because Iím bipolar and I need to be on medication.

Ive changed my diet and it didnít improve things. Digestive aids did nothing. Probiotics did nothing. The only thing that improved my condition was prednisone. I had some left over from an old prescription and just 2 days on it and my stomach symptoms improved dramatically and when I took lithium (mood stabilizer) I actually felt it working. What condition could I possibly have which prednisone helps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread