It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• *!please help!* havnt been to toilet properly in over a month

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
    mrshane
    (male)

mrshane HB User
    Unhappy *!please help!* havnt been to toilet properly in over a month

ok here goes

on 18th december could feel flu like symptoms coming on so started piling beechams flu remedy tablets into me. i never take tablets for anything, but for the past 3 years christmas has meant me missing xmas dinner and it wasnt happening this year.

heres a rough diary...
    thursdya 18th dec........to 21dec, taking flu remedies then realised havnt been to toilet, and constipated.

so

22nd dec - 26th dec taking mix of andrews salts and fibrogel sachets to help to go to toilet with no effect..

27th dec took glycerin suppos to help go to toilet ...just bit of diarrohea..

thought bugger this im goin to doctor...

29th dec doctor gives me movacol to help go to toilet

29th - 1st jan ..... very little....

2nd jan go to chemists..... reccomends dulcolax....

take for 5 days......again some diarrohea but not enough for amount of food eaten.

6th jan -go to doctor sends straight aaway to casualty department for abdominal xray, and gives me prescription for co- danthamer with orders to show doctor in hospital prescription. in casualty department doctor tells me i have blockage in intestine and gives me lactulose solution to soften it and tells me to drink much more fluids.... tells me not to take other doctors precrip as very very strong and of no use for my problem.

from then to now been been drinking lactulose with very little to show for it.

really horroble problem and from a guy who usually goes to toilet without fail once a day, its really freakin me out. its got to point now where im afraid to eat. my stomachs way out, ive lost weight from my face and gathered it on my belly...... im gettin awful cramps at night probably from the medicenes but i really need help......

doctor also did a check (jesus he did that one by surprise) to make sure there wasnt a blockage down below.... (if you catch my drift). said its definitely in my gut.

i am passing small bits of diahorrea every day, but nowhere near as much as usual. its a real strain to go to toilet and feels like there is something much to big to pass in there.
    anyone been here before? please help!!

sorry for being so detailed but figure if put all info up there someone may be able to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
    xblondeangel650
    (female)

xblondeangel650 HB User
    Re: *!please help!* havnt been to toilet properly in over a month

Well I do have common issues like you as well,I also tried above and beyond.I am actrually going to find new doctors this time around AGAIN,I've been to so many.You should try this;Acidophilous,Magnesium,and/or Flaxseed Oil suppliments,it take's approximately 2 weeks to work well.If that fails,Senakote stool softeners will start moving your bowels around,it won't hurt you in the long run.Sometimes with the lack of movement and the medications/foods we eat,our digestive track slows down.There is also something called VSL#3,it's a stronger probiotic,just came out and was approved from the FDA a few months ago.I hope my information helps,if you need anything else,let me know...

Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
    deaky220
    (male)

deaky220 HB User
    Re: *!please help!* havnt been to toilet properly in over a month

mrshane, hi i dont have an answer for this question but i do have the same face problem you have posted about on another post, the facial eczema and peeling nose. I read your two threads and was wondering if any of the suggestions posted by the users worked? i reallllly would like any help but i dont know which ones to use and if any are successful, so any help would be appreciated. < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-21-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Please do not post personal information, such as name, telephone or email address. Thanks!

Closed Thread