It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomache pain - test clear - please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
    badkat
    (female)

badkat HB User
    Stomache pain - test clear - please help!

Hi, I'm 38yrs old., not overweight - not a junk food eatier (chips/cookies/candy) - eat alot of broccolli - salads - cheese - meats - fruits..... Need help

For about a week - Ive had a "feels like someone punching me in the stomache" belly ache.. Its high like between the under at the bottom - high in the stomache area - not so much to one side or the other - just right there in the middle. Went to doc. ran blood work, had an xray of abdomen, all results are good.. The x-ray showed alot of stool in my colon ???? I'm not constipated.... no dirreahea...... no fever.....not vomiting... The pain seems to worsen after eating - anything - I had pb toast! and also seems to be worse when I move around... Any suggestions.... I'm ready to go back to doc. the pain has been now 1 week - just woke up this way... I first thought I had "gas" pains - it is verly slightly at times felt in the back - up high???

The doc. did give me prilosec - to take - doesn't seem to work...

Any suggestions????
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
    heqet
    (female)

heqet HB User
    Re: Stomache pain - test clear - please help!

That sounds an awful lot like how my pains started. I was initially diagnosed with gastritis and given Nexium. My pain progressed to an upper right quadrant and right shoulder blade pain. I ended up having my gallbladder removed last week after dealing with the pain for about a month. I am still healing from the surgery, so I'm not sure if my original pains are gone or not. You might want to have a gallbladder workup done (ultrasound, HIDA scan).

Old 04-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
    cdhgoo
    (male)

cdhgoo HB User

Try vitamin C supplements 500 mg twice a day. Another help is Aloe Vera Juice which may help heal from the inside. I have gastritis and these helped me.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
    nancymosemen
    (female)

nancymosemen HB User

There was also a lot of stool in my colon when I had my tests done. I had to have my gallbladder out.

I would encourage you to have the HIDA scan done just to be on the safe side. It may solve some of your issues or it may be something you can check off the list of things that could be wrong.

It is tough with stomach pain as it seems like there are far too many possibilities of what could be wrong. Before they figured out it was my gallbladder I had two ultrasounds, three rounds of blood work, a colonoscopy, x-rays, then FINALLY a HIDA scan.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
    gigi11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I had my gallbladder removed in September - and now having gas problems or I am not sure what this is - I am on gas medicine but is not working - now my doctor is running test but it is taking too long but i can't bear the nausau pain.

Closed Thread