It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Burning, Gnawing in upper stomach & chest

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
    jj9500
    (male)

jj9500 HB User
    Burning, Gnawing in upper stomach & chest

I have been battling acid reflux, GERD for off and on now for about 7 years. Most recently though docs are treating me for acid reflux but I'm afraid it's not that. I have this sensation of a burning (hot cold sensation) in my upper stomach right where the rib cage meets. It comes and goes and at night it wake sme out of a deep sleep keeping me up for hours. It tends to be in my chest (sternum area) at times too. The feeling is if you've taken a shot of some type of alcohol, and it just SITS there. It's terrible! I had my gallbladder out in 2006, so it cant be that. Doc had me try course of prilosec 20mg. I tried it for 2 weeks...no relief. Called the doc back, said to try 2 20mg doses (1 in a.m. and 1 in p.m.). Tried for 3 weeks. No relief. Called the doc back, perscribed 300 mg of Zantac right before bed on top of the 2- 20mg of Prilosec. Tried this for 2 weeks. Still no relief. CAlled the doc back...she said get off the 2- 20 mgs of Prilosec and perscribed me 1- 40mg of Nexium each morning and continue with the 300 mg. of Zantac at night. Started this 2 days ago. Last night was terrible almost went to ER with the burning at night. WHAT CAN THIS BE. Obviously the PPIs and H2 blockers aren't working. Isn't it time for some testing? Don't the docs see this? Do I have to request this myself? Anyone have any ideas what this can be? Could it be my GERD/Reflux. I don't have anything refulxing back into my throat. I am also taking Nasonex for seasonal allergies. I do notice ALOT of drainage coming down my throat. I feel like my voice is going hoarse at times. One more thing, at night when this burning wakes me, my stomach is making alot of gurgling noises. HELP! !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread