It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• I had/have an impaction can you give yourself too many enamas?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
    sjloury
    (female)

sjloury HB User
    I had/have an impaction can you give yourself too many enamas?

Two weeks ago I threw my back out playing volleyball. I went to the emergency room and they gave me Oxycodone for pain and Cyclobenzaprine for muscle relaxer. The first time I went to the bathroom was a week after the accident. It was like I had diarea. I had not gone since then. Two days ago I tried to go to the bathroom and it was like there was a block and it wanted to get out but it could not. This was extremely painful. Yesterday I was in so much pain that I came home early from work and got suppositories - they did not work either. I gave myself two enamas last night and there was some relief - I thought that I had gotten everything. This morning I wake up with the same problem all over again. So I start the enama process again. After two more enamas - I finally expell a large amount and felt instant relief. It was a little larger than "normal" and extremely dry and grainy. I thought I was all set to go. I get in the shower and start getting ready to head to work and I get that feeling all over again. I gave myself another enama with no resolve. I ran to the drug store to get some mineral oil - when I got home I had the feeling that I really had to go again. So I did another enama - again with no resolve. All of my enamas to this point have been the soap and water - even the last one. I did not take the time to warm the mineral oil last time.

I am not used to having these kinds of issues and cannot really tell you what my regularity is as I have never paid attention before. I am worried that maybe all of it did not come out. I have a hermeriod so I it is very sensitive and just wants to be left along that this point. But I fear that there is still more that needs to come out. I feel really stupid but it is hard for me to tell right now. I do not have insurance and would really like to resolve this issue at home without a doctors visit. Not only that if things are needing to be stuck in places - I want to be the one doing the sticking no the doc.

I guess my main questions are: 1) How can I tell if I got the entire impaction out? 2) How often can I give myself an enama? and 3) When do I need break down and find a doctor to go to? 4) Should I go ahead and the mineral oil enama? 5) I bought stool softener pills while I was at the drug store - I have never taken them before and I do not want to make myself have to go if I am not going to be able to. I was thinking that I would take them for a couple of days once I got the impaction out just to make sure everything flowed smoothly. When should I start taking them, if at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread