It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• strange bloating and burning symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
    polkaadot
    (female)

polkaadot HB User
    Question strange bloating and burning symptoms?

i have several digestive issues due to my past eating disorders

main ones are basically indigestion, slow motility and bloating, like extreme bloated feeling but without any abdominal distension (??)
    i dont get them as often anymore since im very careful with not triggering symptoms (though its all so annoying to have to think so much all the time!!)

i cant eat normally because of this and always gotta watch out how much i eat and what i eat. and if i get symptoms it makes me upset for so many reasons, and i cant even go to sleep until it clears up .. which can range from 3-6 hours. on some occasions ive become extremely nauseous again during the night and spent hours in the bathroom

i was diagnosed with hiatal hernia last year and still have it. IBS too. but ive had gastritis, hp infection and mild gastroparesis, enzyme deficiencies before when i was really sick.
    had endoscopies, they still think that my entire gastric wall have just weakened, or basically has poor tone and cant handle large amounts of food anymore

it seems like as if its not really the -type- of food but more like the volume of it... i can handle dense, dry food (eg. cereals, nuts, crackers, candy, even chocolate etc) pretty well, even in slightly higher amounts because it doesnt , you know, 'stretch' your stomach after eating a bit more of it
    whereas a normal meal, say fried rice or pasta, i definitely will get uncomfortable and get symptoms if i eat more than a small serving (like two handfuls !!) i have no idea why, but its been like this all the time. i always have to watch out... and it gets really annoying

my main symptoms (when i get them):
    -ususally lasts 3+ hours
    -no reflux, just excessive and uncomfortable belching, without any relief afterwards
    -bloated/extremely heavy feeling, without much distension though
    -nausea/strange 'pit' feeling in my stomach
    -burning sensation on my upper Left side only (also around chest area) and the 'burning' sensation radiates to my left arm and left lower back. nothing on the right. and no its not cardiovascular issues

the 'burning' sensation is like the kind of 'cold/chilly' sensation in your mouth that you get from eating eg. peppermints. and it radiates all way from my stomach to other places on my right

i try drinking cold water but it doesnt help and just triggers more nausea even (cause of the liquid, volume etc...)

i was put on nexium before but quit taking it cause it did not work much at all even after 2 months......

doctors have absolutely -no- idea of what this is. they just blame on the hiatal hernia itself just cause it was actually diagnosed.........i do not like the health care system here at all anyway i have checked symptoms for hernia and i can definitely relate to most of them - but i just think that this burning sensation that spreads is something extremely weird...along with the bloating that doesnt 'show'

does *anyone* here have the same strange kind of symptoms? experiences? advice/suggestions?

Last edited by polkaadot; 10-12-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread