It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Whole Wheat and Bloat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
    don444
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User
    Whole Wheat and Bloat

I bake my bread using some of the best ingredients. I usually make a french bread and have no problem digesting it. Recently I began trying to incorporate more whole wheat bread and although it taste really good I suspect the WW is causing bloat. After dinner I like to have a cup of decaf and a few ginger snaps. The cookies are made from whole wheat with sugar, nothing artificial. I just realize after eating these WW treats my stomach becomes very distended and uncomfortable. I also now realize that the same thing has been happening to a lessor degree with other WW baked goods. It seems I have a problem with whole wheat flour but not with white flour. Comments appreciated, thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
    niknak77
    Veteran
    (female)

niknak77 HB User
    Re: Whole Wheat and Bloat

If you normally eat white flour and not whole wheat, then yes the fiber is probably causing your bloating. Just gradually increase the amount of fiber you eat daily, whether it's through whole grains, beans or fruits & veggies. Also drink plenty of water to help with the bloating and to keep things "moving" as they normally would. Remember to increase gradually.

Closed Thread