It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomach hurts after eating,..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
    jessmari
    (female)

jessmari HB User
    Stomach hurts after eating,..

Ok for a couple months now my stomach has hurt after about 80% of my meals, it's in the center of my abdomen about 1-2 inches above my belly button. It's a sharp stabbing pain about 10-15 mins after I eat (almost like it's when I'm digesting) also when I make a bowel movement the same pain lower in my abdomen about 2 inches above my pelvic bone. Is something messed up with my colon or intestines? Anyone else have this problem? I notice it's after a meal that is not so good for you. But has happened at other times. Last night was the worse, I was in crippling pain!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
    juiceplus
    (female)

juiceplus HB User
    Re: Stomach hurts after eating,..

Have you had your gall bladder checked?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
    jessmari
    (female)

jessmari HB User

no i havent,. does that sound like a gull bladder problem?

Old 05-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
    rose4me
    (female)

rose4me HB Userrose4me HB User

jessmari - it sounds like your issue is gastro related - however, there are many possibilities with the symptoms you mentioned. If you have more specific symptoms to relate, or symptoms that you do not believe to be associated with your stomach discomfort - those would be useful so others on this board who have a lot of experiences and could possibly help you to at the very least narrow down, the doctor path you need to seek out. Gall bladder is a plausible possibility as ********* suggested - as are numerous other gastro intentional possibilities. We're here with open ears. Keep asking questions -
    Rose

Old 05-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
    jessmari
    (female)

jessmari HB User
    Exclamation Re: Stomach hurts after eating,..

I have MANY other symptoms. I have posted plenty on the fibro board and also MS and addisons board. I have too many symptoms to remember them all. the best thing is to look at my previous posts. they still do not kno what is wrong, and have had sooo many tests done. here are some symptoms i can remember:

joint pain
    muscle pain
    skin sensitivity
    hightened sense of smell
    Feeling of eyes being pulled into back of skull when closed
    Worsening of vision (but do not have dr proof, have to go get eyes re-examined)
    Stomach pain (upper abdomen) that got so bad had to go to ER
    Stomach pain (center of abdomen and lower)
    Dizziness (mostly upon standing) up to 15+ times aday
    Skin rash (looks like heat rash) on upper chest, back of neck, and back side of upper arms

Prednisone at first made all my symptoms go away, i recently took it and i felt about 80% better.

First my rhemy thought i had psoriatic arthritis, but i dont know if i've had psoriasis (thought i did, then remembered that it was eczema)
    was taking sulfasalazine, meloxicam, 5Mg lexapro and loestren 24 fe, then i had a throat problem (looked like an alien was inside my throat) and i have my tonsils out. So went to dr and he put me on Steroid pak (not prednisone) and an antibiotic, so i was taking all 6 of these drugs, about 5 days later I went into my first stomach attack, thats the one that sent me to the ER, i couldnt move, breath, talk, or even get dressed without it hurting.

Then i stopped all the meds bcuz of my stomach, and only got joint pain back one time since and was not nearly as bad as the first time.
    After the whole ER episode I started hearing my chest beat hard, etc, went to doc and it was at 98BPM resting! so put me on beta blocker.

Now i'm on 60MG of cymbalta (for the skin sensitivity)
    Loestren 24 fe (birth control)
    150Mg once aday Labetalol (beta blocker)

so i seemed to be ranting, any way I've been getting this stomach pain now for a while. but just is starting to get worse.
    So I do not know what is wrong, and welcome all questions or insight from ANYONE, i just wanna know whats wrong.

~Jessica

Old 05-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
    rose4me
    (female)

I am not a medical authority of any sort - your symptoms seem to resemble those I've read about on these boards and other boards on the net. Some sort of outside influence it seems - perhaps a chemical that your body is highly allergic to and you have yet to identify the source. I know of some people, who are allergic to their homes. They have numerous pets - can't live without 'em - but can't live with them either. Have found out that there was gas coming back into their homes via - the sewage line. Their sypmtoms mimicked what you relate. They got the problem fixed - the leaking sewer line and still are not well - it takes a while to get over 'sick house syndrome'. I hope I don't sound like a lunatic here - but it is the absolute truth. The sick house sickie is my sis in law. She was very ill - for 3 years - had her gall bladder out during that time and most likely, it is not related to her other symptoms, however, it cannot be completely ruled out as being aggrevated by the other outside influences - She was/has been to the doctor every week of those three years. Finally about a year ago - the gases became strong enough for the smell to be noticeable above the odor of the 5 cats - very beloved pets. She does not work outside her home, her husband typically works long 14 hour days and she spends much of her time closed up in her small home, with her five cats. They live in the Mid-western U.S. where the weather is very cold most of the year. There is more to this story. My point I suppose I am trying to convey is, perhaps you might consider looking outside the box for your answers to your very real symptoms.
    Rose

Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
    jessmari
    (female)

jessmari HB User

I do see your insight. And I am a hairstylist. And mix color about 3-5 or more times aday. however my gen doc thinks I have CFS or fibromyalgia. But some of my symptoms do not fit this. I havent switched laundry detergent or anything like that. And have not had an allergy panel done. I dont know... what to do. Can they run a broad spectrum allergy test?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
    rose4me
    (female)

jessmari - my husband, daugther and best friend have all had allergy testing - but, they were tested for specific things,
    hubby: foods (basic allergic stimuli) pollens,grasses, molds,
    my daughter : pollens, grasses ,
    best friend: everything:
    My husband is allergic to: fungus / molds primarily - he was allergy shots for 4 years.
    Daughter: more testing still to be done: pollens are high on her list of allergens - nasonex and zyrtec for three years now - she's 18.5
    Best friend: No allergies whatsoever. She has been ill constantly and housebound for the past 8 years. One sinus infection after the other, constant fevers, annual or even twice a year pneumonia. The verdict for her: her immune system is severly comprimised. She has been to so many doctors, giving herself shots at home and even told that she could no longer be a patient - she just wasn't getting better. What a time she has had finding a diagnosis. She has to have a pneumonia vaccine and some other kind of shot(s) and if still not better,some sort of expensive comprehensive blood panel. Her heart is damaged from taking phen phen (diet pill/drug). She received compensation, but it was paltry in comparsion to the way it has changed her life. She has gout, most likely a side affect of the heart issues. But is so excited to know that her immune system is the culprit and not allergies.
    I seem to have chased a few rabbits here, trying to convey, that you must continue the fight to find answers to your physical problems.
    You mentioned that you work with chemicals every day, it would seem that some significant focus might useful on what you do for a living and the possible sideaffects of said workplace. I know you are frustrated. I do admire you though for not giving up or just accepting it either.
    Rose

Closed Thread