It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Stomach problem and Lightheaded

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
    hawkeyes09
    (male)

hawkeyes09 HB User
    Stomach problem and Lightheaded

Hi,

First off I am a 23 year old male with no previous health issues or surgeries. I am normally a social drinker and don't really get out of hand with alcohol too often. Three weeks ago my old friends from college came into town and a lot of alcohol was consumed. We drank heavy on Friday night, then woke up Saturday and drank from noon - 1 am. Towards the end of the night I started to feel the way I do now, which is why I link my current health to this event. Since this time I have seen my health deteriorate and I am very concerned.

I have been having constant stomach problems joined with constant 24/7 lightheaded/dizzy spells. I have had my blood and stool checked and no viruses or bacteria are present. My stomach is constantly rumbling and I am quite gassy. I burp up pretty much anything I eat. For example, the other day I ate watermelon and I was burping up watermelon for the rest of the afternoon. If my stomach is empty, I will simply burp up a stomach taste. My bowel movements have also been irregular. They are very light colored, sometimes flaky, and are floating half the time. I am very nervous to eat anything because I don't know how it will affect my stomach. Within the last three weeks I have also had random bouts with diarrhea.

Aside from the the stomach and bowel problems I have also been battling constant lightheaded feelings. They are present when I wake up in the morning, when sitting still, when standing, etc. It never goes away. This is accompanied by random mini headaches. I can only assume that the lightheaded feeling is related to the stomach problem. I have also seen my blood pressure drop.

So far I have been to the hospital to have my blood checked, my GP checked my blood and stool, and I have seen an ear doctor. Every test has come back negative and my ears are fine. None of the doctors have had an answer. Who should I see next? A stomach doctor? Possibly an MRI? Is anyone familiar with what I may be going through? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
    Naomi101
    (female)

Naomi101 HB User
    Re: Stomach problem and Lightheaded

Okay, this is just a guess, and I may be way off. It may be yeast-related. Your alcohol binge may have fed the "bad" yeasts in your body, and now they may have multiplied. Yeasts themselves give off sort of an alcohol in the body, making one feel almost drunk (brain fog/lightheaded/etc.). There are kids diagnosed with ADD who actually have a yeast problem, not actual ADD (but same symptoms).

Again, I could be off, but that's my best guess. I know you said there were "no viruses or bacteria present," but yeasts can hide in the wheat gluten we eat and be difficult to detect.

Last edited by Naomi101; 07-30-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
    hawkeyes09
    (male)

hawkeyes09 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NaomiLedbetter View Post
    Okay, this is just a guess, and I may be way off. It may be yeast-related. Your alcohol binge may have fed the "bad" yeasts in your body, and now they may have multiplied. Yeasts themselves give off sort of an alcohol in the body, making one feel almost drunk (brain fog/lightheaded/etc.). There are kids diagnosed with ADD who actually have a yeast problem, not actual ADD (but same symptoms).

Again, I could be off, but that's my best guess. I know you said there were "no viruses or bacteria present," but yeasts can hide in the wheat gluten we eat and be difficult to detect.
    Thanks for the reply. I was under the influence that any type of yeast infection would also show itself sexually or through the sexual organ? I have had no sexual organ symptoms or problems whatsoever. Other than the fact that I seem to be urinating a lot too.

The first week the doctors thought I had something that could be cured by antibiotics. I took the required antibiotics, then a week later I had a positive test for strep throat. I was so mad. I never knew what antibiotics could actually do to your immune system. So I've been dealing with that too.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
    Naomi101
    (female)

Naomi101 HB User

Nooo, you can have yeast in the intestines only, or other areas. And if you were on antibiotics, that can make yeast flourish.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
    hawkeyes09
    (male)

hawkeyes09 HB User

Damn.. I'm gonna be on my strep antibiotics for another 5 days. So I can expect this to go on for a while then. Is it true then that antibiotics can actually lower your immune system and make you vulnerable?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
    Naomi101
    (female)

Naomi101 HB User

Yes, I think antibiotics do compromise the immune system, but I wouldn't be TOO worried about it - it's not like you are abusing them. But still, they do mess with your gut and can cause bacterial overgrowth (the bad kind, since the antibiotics also kill the good bacteria).

Either way, whether the issue is yeast or not, do take a good probiotic. Caprylic Acid (supplement in pill form) helps to kill yeast, if there is a problem, and ingest NO alcohol or sugar - that will only get them multiplying. This would be good advice even if there is no yeast problem.

Closed Thread