It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

hi and help!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
trelane
(female)

trelane HB User
hi and help!

um where to start...
right. starting with my eldest son a few years ago, showing up in my daughter, and as of friday now my youngest son too, a weird stomach thing.
best way i can describe it is that it starts with vile, and i DO mean VILE, burps. like something crawled in and died. then starts the bloating, their stomachs become very distended, though not painful (judging by the way they all jump about anyway lol). after that its vomiting, and its food that appears completely undigested. given that my youngest son is only 9mths old, its allowed me a chance to see what passes the other end, and that too appears quite undigested, and smells exactly the same as both the vomit and burps.
with the elder 2 sufferers, it crops up maybe once or twice a year at worst, and by the time i manage to get a drs appointment all symptoms have gone, so im sure they have me labelled as a crazy
i havent been able to link it with anything theyve eaten, attacks are so few and far between. sometimes my eldest son and daughter have them at the same time, most of the time though they dont.
with my baby now starting (my son was about 3, my daughter 5, and my 2nd son never having a problem) their father and i are wondering if theres a possibility that theres a hereditary link?
the only medical advice ive been given is to make sure they stay hydrated, eat little and often, though todays phone consultation advised to keep pushing the dr, regardless of symptoms, to see if there is something they can test for.
the kids have no allergies, no diabetes, arent on any medication. are actually sickeningly healthy, pardon the pun, in every other aspect.
i prepare most meals from scratch (ok i buy pasta and bread lol) so preservatives etc are at a minimum.
im just at a loss as to what more i can do, what it could be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
trelane
(female)

trelane HB User
Re: hi and help!

oh wow...nobody has any ideas then

Old 05-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
amm141
(female)

amm141 HB User

Could it just be the way your kids respond to a tummy virus? Especially since it seems to happen so rarely? When a stomach bug is going around here, my kids seem to be sick for less than a day (with the similar vomiting), while my husband and I can have the same thing and be laid up in bed for 3 days!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
trelane
(female)

trelane HB User

thanks for the reply thing is its totally different to when they get other tummy bugs such as gastroenteritis (sp?) no other signs of infection, bacterial or viral, no fever, lethargy, even whats produced either end.
took my lil man to drs today, surprise surprise the symptoms had gone this one went as far as to question the nurse from the phonecalls judgement in asking if there was diabetes in the family, so waiting for another app for a 2nd opinion *sigh*
i do feel like im crazy, but what they keep getting just isnt normal, my gut tells me it isnt right

Closed Thread