It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Digestive Disorders Message Board

  • I just wish someone could give me an answer.

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
    songbird2353
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    songbird2353's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Orange
    Posts: 2
    songbird2353 HB User
    I just wish someone could give me an answer.

    Hello, recently over the past month and a half I have been having extreme stomach pain to the point of not being able to function. I thought it would regulate itself if I stuck to bland foods for awhile. Unfortunately, that did not happen and I was hospitalized soon after. Most of my symptoms are pain (in middle of stomach and upper right side of stomach) after eating, vomiting after eating, distended stomach, constipation, chills, fever, sweating, and paling of the skin. The doctor was unhelpful and after being in the hospital for 3 days just told me that it had been severe constipation. After I was released my pain persisted and I decided to go to a GI specialist who had diagnosed me with gastritis earlier that year. I went through a blood test and ultrasound screening that both came up clear (checked my gallbladder, kidney, ect...). This morning I had an upper endoscopy (EDG) with normal results. My doctor said that he is going to run a few more tests but that everything I have done has come back clean. My only concern is that nobody has been able to give me any answers as to what is going on and the pain and discomfort is starting to really take a toll on my body. I am losing weight rapidly and am constantly tired trying to battle the pain everyday through my busy schedule. I really hope somebody can give me any advice or answers as to what is going on. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    solofelix's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Posts: 3,500
    solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: I just wish someone could give me an answer.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by songbird2353 View Post
    Hello, recently over the past month and a half I have been having extreme stomach pain to the point of not being able to function. I thought it would regulate itself if I stuck to bland foods for awhile. Unfortunately, that did not happen and I was hospitalized soon after. Most of my symptoms are pain (in middle of stomach and upper right side of stomach) after eating, vomiting after eating, distended stomach, constipation, chills, fever, sweating, and paling of the skin. The doctor was unhelpful and after being in the hospital for 3 days just told me that it had been severe constipation. After I was released my pain persisted and I decided to go to a GI specialist who had diagnosed me with gastritis earlier that year. I went through a blood test and ultrasound screening that both came up clear (checked my gallbladder, kidney, ect...). This morning I had an upper endoscopy (EDG) with normal results. My doctor said that he is going to run a few more tests but that everything I have done has come back clean. My only concern is that nobody has been able to give me any answers as to what is going on and the pain and discomfort is starting to really take a toll on my body. I am losing weight rapidly and am constantly tired trying to battle the pain everyday through my busy schedule. I really hope somebody can give me any advice or answers as to what is going on. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    When I presented with similar symptoms It was found I had H.Pylori, I have since been diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia and IBS.
    My first thought for you was (Gallbladder), but your test ruled that out. I get periods of awful pain in middle of stomach, bloating and nausea like you and have been prescribed NEXIUM and DOMPERIDONE and after taking for 10 days it has helped.
    What have you been prescribed or is your Dr waiting for all tests to come back.
    If you suffer Constipation you need more fibre in your diet also more fluids.
    Stress will also make your symptoms worse.
    I wish you well, let us know how things go. Solofelix.

     
    Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
    songbird2353
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    songbird2353's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Orange
    Posts: 2
    songbird2353 HB User
    Re: I just wish someone could give me an answer.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
    When I presented with similar symptoms It was found I had H.Pylori, I have since been diagnosed with Hiatal Hernia and IBS.
    My first thought for you was (Gallbladder), but your test ruled that out. I get periods of awful pain in middle of stomach, bloating and nausea like you and have been prescribed NEXIUM and DOMPERIDONE and after taking for 10 days it has helped.
    What have you been prescribed or is your Dr waiting for all tests to come back.
    If you suffer Constipation you need more fibre in your diet also more fluids.
    Stress will also make your symptoms worse.
    I wish you well, let us know how things go. Solofelix.
    Solofelix,

    Thanks for the advice. My GI specialist has given me Nexium and amatisia for the acid reflux and constipation. I take laxatives almost everyday and have been on a high fibre diet, but at best I only feel the need to go once every 4-5 days. I am also taking Zofran as an anti-nausea/vomiting supplement. It stops the vomiting but not the feeling of nausea. I have also been diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia that ties in with my gastritis problems. Unfortunately I live a high stress life, but have been trying to cut down on activities that cause stress.

     
    Old 09-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    solofelix's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2011
    Location: Ireland
    Posts: 3,500
    solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: I just wish someone could give me an answer.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by songbird2353 View Post
    Solofelix,

    Thanks for the advice. My GI specialist has given me Nexium and amatisia for the acid reflux and constipation. I take laxatives almost everyday and have been on a high fibre diet, but at best I only feel the need to go once every 4-5 days. I am also taking Zofran as an anti-nausea/vomiting supplement. It stops the vomiting but not the feeling of nausea. I have also been diagnosed with a Hiatal Hernia that ties in with my gastritis problems. Unfortunately I live a high stress life, but have been trying to cut down on activities that cause stress.
    Hi, Some people do not realise that too much Fibre will cause constipation.
    Instead of laxatives I would suggest eating Figs (dried or fresh) everyday also Prunes or Prune Juice.
    In my health shop you can buy Ortis Fruits & Fibre, they are chewable fruit cubes which are totally natural in ingredients and will help you go normally.
    Constipation could be a side effect of the different pills you are taking.
    Good Luck, Solofelix.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    just after a little help... again - Eosinophilic Disease smiley92 Digestive Disorders 10 08-12-2009 11:18 AM
    Please! I am so scared, I just want to give up! Hamilton92 Digestive Disorders 6 09-15-2007 05:39 AM
    Someone pease help me get well . . . numbcy Digestive Disorders 10 07-23-2007 09:31 AM
    Early fullness and bloating for 2 years! I just want to eat a normal size meal! thebluedog Digestive Disorders 17 03-02-2006 02:38 PM
    I did it! I just drank the Fleet and I think it'll stay down. glfcrzygal Digestive Disorders 14 09-09-2004 09:19 AM
    just had a barium enema...yippeeee nyxin Digestive Disorders 14 11-26-2003 04:02 PM

    Tags
    constipation, distended stomach, edg, gastro intestinal, stomach pain after eating



    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:53 PM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!