It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• 18 and suffering

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
    Mandimonster
    (female)

Mandimonster HB User
    18 and suffering

Hi everyone. I have been suffering with stomach problems for almost a year now. There are SOOO many things I could explain.... But I'll just give you the basics. I woke up one day from a nap and all the sudden I was really nauseous and it just never stopped. I have been on Pantoprazole for almost this entire year. Twice a day. I've taken many anti depressants. Been on sucralafate (however you spell it), digestive enzymes, acid blocking medicine, EVERYTHING. Doctors originally thought GERD, but the Pantoprazole should be able to control that and it doesn't. When it first started back in February 2013, I decided I wanted to start exercising again. I wanted to get my mind off of it so I began softball again. (I had played softball my entire life and decided to stop right before this stomach issue happened). anyway, i noticed I was getting better with time, though I was eating only bananas, saltines, sometimes pretzels, etc. really bland foods. As I continued to play and get lots of exercise, I noticed a difference. Then I realized I completely got better once early June hit. I was back to my normal diet, I had energy, everything. It was like I had forgotten the misery I had been in and I didn't care! But then, I quit playing softball and I was still ok for about a month or so. Then I ate some flaming hot Cheetos and the next day, everything came back. This was in late August. I was mortified. Since the second time, I have not exercised whatsoever and I feel like I'm continuing to get worse. At first, I could have some soup and chocolate and yogurt. Now, I am literally eating nothing. Sometimes frosted flakes are okay. sometimes saltines and bananas. Basically, I'm living in HELL. I am exhausted, I have lost over 30 pounds and I just want to get better. I have a lot of random moments of nausea that are worse than the usual and it'll last for a few days and then get better. Happens every couple weeks. I have had an endoscopy. No Celiacs, no H.PYLORI, nothing. Came back normal. I did a gastric empting study back when it happened the first time and it came back normal. The doctors have basically given up on me. Here are the symptoms I'm experiencing:

1. Nausea, sometimes worse than other times
    2. Gurgling in intestine/stomach area
    3.heartburn
    4.sore throat (randomly)
    5.burping, relief when burping
    6. Haven't been pooping as much (sorry, TMI) and my stool is in little round balls usually but it feels bigger than it actually is.

Anyway, do you all think exercise could be my miracle cure? I don't want to work my *** off with exercise and get my hopes up when nobody thinks that will help. But I got better before, and I feel like I could get better again if maybe I started to play again. Please, nobody say I have GERD. I have been on a thousand different meds for GERD and nothing is helping. I was negative for Celiacs as well, so that doesn't sound like it's it. I am only 18 years old and this started when I was only 17. I don't want to live like this anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
    lenvegas
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
    Re: 18 and suffering

Hi, sorry for your problem, you are too young to be going through this. Anyway, when you exercise you send a stronger flow of blood throughout you entire system making your internal organs (especially digestive) work more efficient so that may be the reason you feel better when you exercise. I can suggest eating lots of Greek yogurt and taking probiotics, the good bacteria needed for normal digestion. Me, my digestion used to be unpredictable, sometimes good and other times not but since I have been doing cardio and eating Greek yogurt I never have any problems, maybe it can work for you, probably worth a try. Lastly and most important........stay away from the flaming hot cheetos!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to lenvegas:
    Mandimonster (12-19-2013)
    Old 12-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #3
    Mandimonster
    (female)

Mandimonster HB User
    Re: 18 and suffering

Oh my goodness.... Just that comment gave me so much hope. I have been waiting to find somebody who found relief in exercise. I'm not the only one. I am going to start exercising daily and see where it goes from there. You don't understand how happy you have made me with that reply. Thank you so much!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
    burping, gastro intestinal, gurgling, nausea, stomach