It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

Pelvic pain/irregular bowels - please help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 04:37 AM   #1
SAINTPHILLY
(male)

SAINTPHILLY HB User
Pelvic pain/irregular bowels - please help

Does this sound familiar to anybody? I really don't know what to do or even what category to put this question in.

About 7/8 weeks ago I noticed a twinge in the pit of my stomach / right side of groin. Within a few days it had developed into a dull ache / cramp type of pain up towards my pelvis. It made sitting at a desk and squatting very uncomfortable. After about a week I started to feel quite unwell and developed a low grade fever. My anxiety was through the roof by this point and I was googling all sorts. I feared I might have an STI, HIV or cancer.

I plucked up the courage to go the docs on day 9 and she suspected a UTI and gave me trimethoprim for a week. That calmed me down because it seemed simple enough to cure and after a day or two I did feel better. Although by the end of the antibiotics I'd only improved by about 50%. My anxiety not only continued but started to grow. I returned to the docs and explained my symptoms and I was told I didn't have a water infection and it was probably just a strain (which is nonsense because I didn't play sport that week).

I was continuing to feel a bit unwell, no appetite or libido. Id also noticed that I was passing gas a lot more than usual. This may have been all the painkillers that Ive been taking the last few weeks but my toilet habits were definetly 'irregular' and id had some loose stools. I was still googling things and I was convinced I had HIV or something serious.

I couldn't bare it any more and in week 7 I went to the sexual health clinic. everything came back clear on the water tests. I was given a finger ***** test for HIV which was negative but then the nurse told me those tests are not 100% so im still hanging on for my confirmed results. More anxiety!!

So here iam in week 8 not really knowing what to do or where to turn. At this very moment the pain is generally located in my pelvic area and is much better than week 1 although it tends to give me periods of still feeling sick and a bit dizzy. Ive also noticed some mild upper abdominal pains and back aches plus a couple of ulcers in my mouth the other day. Could all be unrelated or possibly anxiety related but I definitely feel that theres something physically wrong with me as well. Im posting this on some of the other categories as well because I really don't know where it belongs but if anybody has any ideas please let me know.

A couple of other things in my health background...

1. my mum and sister have celiac disease - does this sound like im starting with that?
2. ive had a suspected trapped nerve in my neck for 2 years. could a trapped nerve lower down cause these types of symptoms.

Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2014, 05:57 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Pelvic pain / irregular bowels - please help

Have you had any blood work done? Am wondering about your billirubin level.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
SAINTPHILLY
(male)

SAINTPHILLY HB User
Re: Pelvic pain / irregular bowels - please help

No blood tests apart from those at the sexual health clinic. My assumption is alongside the HIV they would have tested for things like hepatitis and things like that but im not quite sure. apart from that no other blood tests. forgive my ignorance but what is bullirubin?

Closed Thread