It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• I Feel Like I'm Dying, What The Hell is Wrong With Me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User
    I Feel Like I'm Dying, What The Hell is Wrong With Me?

I have horrid stomach issues. I don't have an official diagnosis of IBS, but I think it could be that.
    I get so constipated that I've gained three inches on my waste from it and then will lose those inches after a clean out. I've had burps that smelled like
    rotting eggs, again caused by severe constipation. My white blood sell count is usually high when the rotting egg burps show up. Sometimes it can take
    as long as a day for food in my stomach to digest. I've thrown up whole chunks of food eaten over 12 hours before. I wake up with a belly ache every day
    unless I haven't eaten for a day or two. I feel so ill lately that I'm only eating one meal a day, and still this happens. When I get up I have my morning
    puke or dry heave, and usually a painful bowel spasm too. I get bloated and have had times of being extremely gassy. My stomach hurts and feels full after
    just a few bites of food much of the time.
    I've seen several doctors. I've had many blood tests., and everything from thyroid issues to food sensitivities has been ruled out. Yesterday I had a endoscopy
    and a colonoscopy. It showed gastritis, and that's all I know until I see the gastroenterologist on July 16.
    I'm currently taking Nexium 40 MG, and Linzess 290 MCG. They work some of the time. I've been on every medication you can think of for constipation. Many
    of them don't work at all. One that does work but hurts like hell is Lactulose solution. I only use this in extreme cases.
    What in the hell is wrong with me? I'm tired of living this way. I feel like I'm dying a majority of the time. I feel like no one understands.

The following user gives a hug of support to Dislike:
    solofelix (06-28-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
    parker1261
    (female)

parker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB Userparker1261 HB User
    Re: I Feel Like I'm Dying, What The Hell is Wrong With Me?

sooooooo sorry you are having this issue! hopefully your tests will show something definitive.....maybe call your gastro and ask to be notified if theres a cancellation so you can see them earlier.....hang in there

Be careful when following the masses; sometimes the "M" is silent !
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 07-02-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Have you tried "DOMPERIDONE" it is great for bloating and nausea also "Aloe Vera Juice" is good for the digestion.
    When I had Gastritis I found the most helpful was to eat as bland foods as possible, avoiding all bread, pastry, cakes, biscuits and as many products containing sugar as possible.
    Probiotics would also benefit you either in tablet form or powder form and natural yogurt.
    Hope you soon feel much better,

Solofelix.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
    Noddy1979
    (male)

Noddy1979 HB User

Man I feel your pain, I have been living with chronic gastrointestinal problems ever since January 2009 which started 3 months after having sex with a girl that lied to me about her sexual health. I had sores on my privates the next day and have had nothing but health problems ever since. Full STD screen returned no results everything was negative yet I am still living with chronic health problems and my GP's solution is to send me to a psychologist. Had endoscopy and colonoscopy done which returned no results and the diagnosis was possible food allergy, lactose intolerance or Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I have been having some really messed up bowel movements some days massive bouts of diarrhea some day stools hard like clay. Plan on going to see another GP because my current one has basically given up and also refuses to do some of the tests I have requested of him.

Old 06-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    Man I feel your pain, I have been living with chronic gastrointestinal problems ever since January 2009 which started 3 months after having sex with a girl that lied to me about her sexual health. I had sores on my privates the next day and have had nothing but health problems ever since. Full STD screen returned no results everything was negative yet I am still living with chronic health problems and my GP's solution is to send me to a psychologist. Had endoscopy and colonoscopy done which returned no results and the diagnosis was possible food allergy, lactose intolerance or Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I have been having some really messed up bowel movements some days massive bouts of diarrhea some day stools hard like clay. Plan on going to see another GP because my current one has basically given up and also refuses to do some of the tests I have requested of him.

I doubt you've been exposed to an STD, unless the sores on your privates are caused by HPV. If so, that isn't something that is tested for in men.
    It's possible she did however, expose you to something like Helicobacter Pylori. Have you been tested for that?
    Definetly switch GP's if the one you have has given up and is refusing to run certain tests.
    I feel you about the no real results. Becides a minor red flag here and there, most of my tests come back normal. It's frustrating because I know all is not well inside.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
    Noddy1979
    (male)

Noddy1979 HB User

Yeah I have no idea what the sores were I originally thought just Herpes but then started having the bad gastrointestinal problems 3 months later and the sores have never returned since. As mentioned in my last post, getting no answers from my current GP so going to see another.
    I live in Australia and the Public / Bulk billing system we have isn't the greatest and I feel like they do the minimal they can or just diagnose IBS because they are to lazy to investigate properly and to blame my health as a mental health issue is just insulting.
    The tests I wanted my GP to do were mainly to monitor my CD4 T-Cell Count because I am really worried about HIV that's how bad my health is and he refuses to do it. I have been tested for HIV numerous times and the results are always non-reactive but I have read that the antibody tests are not 100% reliable and all I know I was fine before sleeping with this girl.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #7
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User

Quote:
    Yeah I have no idea what the sores were I originally thought just Herpes but then started having the bad gastrointestinal problems 3 months later and the sores have never returned since. As mentioned in my last post, getting no answers from my current GP so going to see another.
    I live in Australia and the Public / Bulk billing system we have isn't the greatest and I feel like they do the minimal they can or just diagnose IBS because they are to lazy to investigate properly and to blame my health as a mental health issue is just insulting.
    The tests I wanted my GP to do were mainly to monitor my CD4 T-Cell Count because I am really worried about HIV that's how bad my health is and he refuses to do it. I have been tested for HIV numerous times and the results are always non-reactive but I have read that the antibody tests are not 100% reliable and all I know I was fine before sleeping with this girl.

I sincerely doubt it's HIV. It could be a type of herpes. There is a blood test for it, but it doesn't sound like you have access to that. Some people have an outbreak once and never do again. Some people test positive but never have an out break.
    I'm gonna level with you and say, I don't think your stomach issues have anything to do with the girl. The sores may though.
    I also don't believe it's a mental health issue. More investigation needs to be done, and you will need to stand firm. Fight your insurance and get new doctors when yours won't cooperate. You are your best advocate.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:30 AM   #8
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Have you been checked for celiac disease caused by gluten intolerance? Even if you have, and had negative results, you can still have an intolerance to gluten, which will cause all your symptoms. A dairy intolerance will too. I would completely eliminate gluten and dairy from your diet for a month, and see if it doesn't help. The bloating, gas and constipation may improve as soon as a few days. I lived with the same symptoms for many years, until I did that, and have been better ever since.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #9
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

It would be a good idea to get tested for "H.Pylori" as someone else mentioned.
    I had it and had terrible stomach issues and felt really ill with it.
    Seek a second opinion until you find out just what the problem is,

Solofelix.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #10
    Noddy1979
    (male)

Noddy1979 HB User

I have had a Biopsy done of my small bowel as well as blood tests for Celiac I have been gluten free for about a year now hasn't really made much difference.
    I have been tested for parasites but not sure if that included H.pylori most of my problems seem to be with my gut which is why I cannot accept the IBS diagnosis, IBS is a motility problem and because your colon absorbs too much or too little water which leads to constipation and diarrhea.
    The other problem that I had is that when I first started having symptoms my glands were swollen and I was unable to have a bowel movement for 14 days because my gut was making all these terrible noises.

I don't have crohn's and I am really freaking frustrated and it doesn't seem to matter what test I get done everything returns normal yet my health is chronic and I feel like I have been put on a disability because of my illness and left to suffer.
    I wrote to The Health Complaints Commission and all they did was say my health problems are not their concern and this will be my 5th year that I have been unwell with still no explanation for my health.

It is nice to have some people to talk to because my family are all sick of hearing about it and are not much support.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi,

H.Pylori is not parasites it is a bacteria in the stomach and boy oh boy it's not nice...
    Where I live you are diagnosed via an Endoscopy and Biopsy.
    It can also be detected by a stool test or breath test.
    If you google the symptoms you might see if any of yours relate to it.
    I have had Gastritis and two ulcers and they can also cause many stomach issues. It's a case of finding a Dr who will do further tests for you.
    My H.P was discovered after I had a bleeding stomach ulcer and further tests showed it had been caused through H.P.
    Don't give up seek further tests and good luck,

Solofelix.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #12
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User

I was breath and blood tested for H.pylori. Negative. I know there was a biopsy taken of a pink area of my colon during my colonoscopy, but I'm not sure what he was testing for.
    Nod H.Pylori sounds like a good possibility if you haven't already been tested. It's very possible the girl gave it to you, it's highly contagous and not even through sexual contact.
    Is it possible to be blood tested for a dairy intolerance?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #13
    Noddy1979
    (male)

Noddy1979 HB User

I am going to see a new GP this Monday and will mention H.Pylori and the only other testing I haven't had done is my Thyroid.
    Thanks for your suggestions and support guys means a lot and it's more support than I have received from my current GP.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #14
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User

........................................ .....

Last edited by Dislike; 06-28-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Double Post

Old 06-28-2014, 12:06 PM   #15
    Dislike
    (female)

Dislike HB User

Quote:
    I am going to see a new GP this Monday and will mention H.Pylori and the only other testing I haven't had done is my Thyroid.
    Thanks for your suggestions and support guys means a lot and it's more support than I have received from my current GP.

No problem. I can definetly empathize with your frustration
    For sure have your thhyroid checked, h.pylori, and ask that your PTH (Patuitary hormone level) be checked.

Closed Thread

Tags
    constipation, gastritis, gastro intestinal, ibs - d, motility