It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• bloating

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
    njhdrama
    (female)

njhdrama HB User
    bloating

I had two hida scans, they xrayed my liver and gallbladder. all normal. I did have fatty liver lost 30lbs now enzymes normal with still some fat around liver. Trying really hard to watch what I eat but living with parents. I weigh 213 now. A lot of unhealthy food in house. I still have severe bloating and pain under right rid. I never get that I need to throw up feeling like most people do. Also, I notice I developed roscea and dermitis. I have seen over 5 doctor even the top doctor at U of M. Any advice. I think I have sluggish gallbladder. it always sticks out and buffy.

How can you point to gallbladder issue. What other tests? I burp a lot even on veggian diet,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2014, 12:57 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: bloating

First, good for you for the weight loss. 30 pounds is a substantial amount, and it sounds like your liver has improved as a result. The HIDA scan is the best test for gallbladder. Do you know your actual results of them? Under 35% is considered abnormal. It is possible your bloating and pain are from something else, such as ulcers. Have any of the Drs. checked you for that? Do you have any food intolerances? That often gives clues. With dermatitis, celiac disease or gluten intolerance are possibilities, as they cause bloating as well. There are blood tests for celiac disease and H. Pylori, an infection associated with ulcers. I would keep other possibilities in mind and try to get your actual HIDA scan results.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
    njhdrama
    (female)

njhdrama HB User

Thanks! Your awesome! I will check into the results. I have been tested for Celiac and H Pyloric. I have never had it. My doctor tells me to keep losing weight. When I was 31 I graduated from college with a B.S. degree. I went into severe depression and anxiety. I started to take meds for it. I went from 215 to 280 in 3 months. I have been off meds for 3 years. Deal with things better though I live with my emotionally abusive parents. Trying to get better to head to work full time. In 3 years I now way 213. I am following the China Diet. Not eating bread helps some but still bloated. Thanks for all your help! I do have IBS but that is not it.

I do have a question there is a doctor I would like to see she has helped people but is on the crude side. Any thoughts?

Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I also suggest getting the actual result from your HIDA scans. you need the percentage - not just "normal" as a result. Also, be sure to eat as low fat as possible. The gb's function is to digest fat so cutting out fat will help to keep it less active till you get this sorted out. If the pain subsides on no fat, that will be another indication it may be gallbladder.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #5
    njhdrama
    (female)

njhdrama HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    I also suggest getting the actual result from your HIDA scans. you need the percentage - not just "normal" as a result. Also, be sure to eat as low fat as possible. The gb's function is to digest fat so cutting out fat will help to keep it less active till you get this sorted out. If the pain subsides on no fat, that will be another indication it may be gallbladder.
    Thanks, everyone.

When I cut out breads I notice the pain subsides some. If the number is 35 percent can I make my doctor take my gallbladder out?

Old 07-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If it's 35%, any reasonable surgeon should remove it.

Closed Thread