It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Year long stomach issues.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
    Jaydo
    (male)

Jaydo HB User
    Year long stomach issues.

Hi all,

First time poster and I'm hoping for some information and advice regarding a stomach condition im suffering with.

For a year now I've been suffering with horrible nausea and stomach digestion problems. I've been on pretty much every PPI, atm im on rabeprazole 20mg, once a day. I was on domperidone 10mg but got told to stop taking them due to the potential heart problems it can cause.

I found out through testing that:
    - I dont have h pylori
    - no problems which were found through an ultra sound
    - I have a 3cm sliding hiatus hernia

and I had a PH manometry test in July, the consultant who conducted the test said on that the test showed the valve at the top of my stomach wasnt opening and closing properly, which was causing me to feel sick and nauseous. He told me I needed surgery which would tighten up the valve and that would be the problem solved, however after a second consultation I was told I suffered from visceral hypersensitivity and that it'd get better in time...quite vague right after categorically getting told you need surgery ? After getting a private second opinion I was offered laparoscopic hiatal hernia repair surgery with the condition that it might not make me better and could give me permanent symptoms. I understand this surgery will stop reflux but is the reflux causing me to feel sick to point where I'm gagging? What is causing me to feel so nauseous? because I dont think it is the reflux. Maybe it's anxiety which is causing the visceral hypersensitivity? Surely if I'am suffering from hypersensitivity is there not something available which can calm or coat the gullet to stop it being so sensitive? could it maybe be IBS?
    Help please.

Has anyone else suffered from these type of symptoms and know of any treatment which will help? I will literally try everything and anything before having this surgery at the age of 21!

Thanks guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    ibs, indigestion, nausea, vomiting