It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Very worried with symptoms. Please help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2015, 01:16 AM   #1
    Jhromada
    (male)

Jhromada HB User
    Very worried with symptoms. Please help.

I'm a 32 year old male. I don't know my weight as I don't have a scale, but I have a small figure, but I have a belly that is somewhat fatty. I have never been particularly healthy, my parents were not that healthy.

Ok so just so everyone knows, I have seen a doctor over a week ago and my follow up is in a week. I just want some opinions whether I can go to the ER or not.

About 5 years ago a doctor told me I may be developing a fatty liver. Heeded his warning are healthier for a while but I think I eventually forgot about that warning later and slowly went back to unhealthy eating.

I believed I had IBS for over 10 years as I've had typical symptoms of cramps bloating combined with diarrhea/constipation. Over 6 months ago I started getting chronic diarrhea which seemed quite different than my IBS I've had for years before. Every bowel movement was at least soft, with most being liquid with little solid pieces. The solid pieces kinda looked like lettuce and possibly other food. Usually when I wipe, there is not much there just some yellowish liquid. I saw a doctor a month ago, prescribed dicetel for my diarrhea. Since my stool has started forming better it has been unusually light colored. I did pass one stool that was a chunk of a lot darker stool once or twice but it is usually light and it can be stringy too.

Last night I passed a stool that was quite dark brown on one end but most of it looked greyer and lighter. Not only that but it was littered, and I mean littered, with almond pieces. (I have been eating healthier recently and I have been eating some almonds the last few days). When I wipe, there are clear almond chunks. I chewed up the almonds quite well when I are them.

Other symptoms are dull daily pains I get on and off in places like my esophagus and liver areas. I also get dull pains usually when I eat something these days. I am having a harder time getting an appetite recently and I get fatigued usually at least one part during the day. A few days ago my legs felt like I worked them so hard but I haven't been exercising much. I've been getting a bit of back pain like a few inches under my right shoulder blade as well very recently.

I most worried about having cancer that has spread to multiple organs, but of course that is just worst case scenario.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
    Jhromada
    (male)

Jhromada HB User
    Re: Very worried with symptoms. Please help.

Bump, anyone's thoughts?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

It sounds to me that a number of your symptoms are digestive related.
    You should ask your Dr to refer you for an Endoscopy/Colonoscopy to see just what is going on inside and then get the correct treatment.
    I have some of your symptoms and have been diagnosed with "Diverticulitis", Hiatal-Hernia and Gastritis.
    You definitely need an E and C to determine your problem.
    Mine were found during these and I am yet to have another Colonoscopy in a few weeks time,

Solofelix.

P.S Cancer is unlikely but why wonder when you can get all these symptoms sorted!!...

Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sounds very much like gallbladder issues. What tests is your doctor doing?

Old 01-20-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
    cnoevl21
    (male)

cnoevl21 HB User

I second the colonoscopy and endoscopy. Sounds like you are not digesting fats properly. Almonds are fatty and also not digesting fats makes you stool yellow.
    And dont see a regular doctor, find someone who specializes in Digestive Disorders. maybe you have a clinic in your area or a Gastroenterologist who specializes in them.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #6
    Jhromada
    (male)

Jhromada HB User

Update:
    Got an ultrasound, they saw 2 echogenic areas in my liver, I think it said 3cm. They said nothing to worry about but to get a ct scan or MRI. Bad thing is living in canada I'll probably need to wait a month or 2 to get it.

Something else to note, I found out I weighed 146lbs/66.6kg. A week later I'm now 143 I think my analog scale is telling me. I am about 5'7''. I remember being closer to 180lbs/81kg over a year ago. I knew I lost weight but I'm not sure how much of that was within the last few months. I wasn't really doing much to watch my weight during the last year, only recently have I been trying to eat better. I honestly don't think I should've lost weight during this year.

Closed Thread

Tags
    digestion, digestive disorder, indigestion, liver damage, stomach