It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• "Moviprep" for Colonoscopy ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #1
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    "Moviprep" for Colonoscopy ...

Hi All,

Anyone out there familiar with "Moviprep" to be taken before a Colonoscopy.
    Had "Picolax" last time and got on well with it.
    This time it's "Moviprep" and the thought of drinking all that liquid makes my stomach turn.
    Hope to hear from others who have taken this,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
    TiggerFanatic
    (female)

TiggerFanatic HB User
    Re: "Moviprep" for Colonoscopy...

I had Moviprep 7 years ago. I had no problems with it at all. No cramping, pain, etc. I just made sure I was within 5 seconds of the bathroom, because when it "hit" that's about how much time I had to get there. My husband had had one a couple years earlier and I can't remember which prep he had, but he had the cramping, pain, etc. all of the "horror" stories you hear about so I was really leery, but it wasn't bad at all. I also watched what I ate for about 48 hour prior to starting the prep, and I think that helped with the clean out quicker. I don't remember being bloated, or gas or anything. Good luck. Also,if I remember quickly the pharmacy rep said to keep it cold and to drink w/a straw. Can't remember the thinking behind it, but I took her advice. I was due for another one 2 years ago and set it up for last fall, picked up the Moviprep but then cancelled my appointment. I think now the procedure has changed a bit. Now I was supposed to drink the majority of it the night before, but then this time around was supposed to drink the rest of it 4 hours prior to the procedure. The first time I drank it all the night before or until everything ran clear. They said they found they got better results with this new way.

Last edited by TiggerFanatic; 01-28-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #3
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
    Re: "Moviprep" for Colonoscopy...

Hi Tigger,

Thanks for the reply.
    I cannot drink large quantities of liquid and so I cancelled my appointment as the Endoscopy Unit said that was all they used.
    Last Colonoscopy I had I was given "Pikolax" which required a lot less liquid and worked well with no adverse after effects.
    Instead I am now going to do a test named "M2-PK" which I can do by post and no dietary-prep either.
    Best Wishes,

Solofelix.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #4
    Missy2001
    (female)

Missy2001 HB User
    Talking Re: "Moviprep" for Colonoscopy ...

I just had a colonoscopy and was prescribed Moviprep. After reading lots of negative reviews, I was nervous about taking it. I couldn't believe the taste was what many complained about; to me, it wasn't bad, however I was tired of the really sweet taste by the 3rd glass (so I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to add crystal lite to the mix). I tried it both chilled & room temperature and I think it was better at room temperature. For the 16 oz. clear liquid, try apple juice cut with 1/2 water. Moviprep did what it was supposed to with no cramps, etc. I ate light for 2 days prior to the clear liquid day. Colonoscopy went great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missy2001 For This Useful Post:
    solofelix (03-26-2015)
    Closed Thread