It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Mild Diverticulosis -- how long does this last?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
    Jamba
    (male)

Jamba HB User
    Mild Diverticulosis -- how long does this last?

I was diagnosed 10 days ago with mild Diverticulitis, prescribed Cipro/Flagyl for 14 days (500mg twice daily). I'm half way thru the treatment and keeping my diet pretty light. I still am able to work and get around, the pain in more of an ache and not severe. My question, how long does this stuff lag on? I'm somewhat better half way thru but thought I'd be a lot better this far into it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
    rufous57
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
    Re: Mild Diverticulosis -- how long does this last?

It will depend on how severe your flare up was in the first place - there is no real timetable. Your doctor should have set up a follow up for you- usually in a week, sometimes sooner. If you are not feeling better by now, I would not hesitate to call and let your doctor know how you are doing.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
    Jamba
    (male)

Jamba HB User

My flare up wasn't bad...just a dull ache under my navel and to the left. I feel better than initially but figured that this long on antibiotics, I'd be free of the ache. No fever or issues other than a dull ache above the pocket on the left side under my belt. Is that the usually "ache point" with this? Thanks!

Old 01-17-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
    rufous57
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Yes, left sided pain is the common symptom;this is because that is where your small intestine lies.

Please don't ignore even what seems to be a minor ache though-my DH thought these dull achy feelings were a pulled stomach muscle from playing tennis! He didn't bother telling me this was happening either, until it got so bad he ended up at the ER a couple of times-the last time with a perforated colon. It is a very serious disease!

Closed Thread