It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• First Post! Questions about symtpoms.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
    beachgirl3000
    (female)

beachgirl3000 HB User
    Thumbs down First Post! Questions about symtpoms.

I'm currently out of town for a funeral, and will be returning home in a couple days. Immediately upon returning home I am going to see my doctor.

For years now it seems like I've gradually been experiencing a loss of appetite. The last couple months by bowel movements have consisted mostly of diarrhea. I'm about 90-95lbs. and 5'6 feet tall.

A few weeks ago after a night of a little too much alcohol, I thought I was just REALLY hung over. I couldn't roll over, move, walk, eat or drink without vomiting (well dry heaving since I hadn't eaten anything.) But it continued into the next morning and I went to the hospital where they found out I had a bladder infection, blamed that, gave me antibiotics and sent me home.

The EXTREME nausea did go away, but the constant flare ups nausea and vomiting hasn't. I get very nauseas randomly at least 5 times a day, and it often leads to vomiting. The nausea is usually accompanied by a hot flash. For the last few days the hot flashes have been happening even without nausea. I'm usually a very cold person, and the last few days I'm finding myself breaking out in sweat, feeling like I'm burning alive, and of course waking up in a puddle of night sweat.

As I said my bowel movements have also been gradually getting worse. The last week, I have had almost nothing but diarrhea. Today, I drank 2 sips of a Coca-Cola, and 5 minutes later I accidentally went to the bathroom all over myself. This week, I've actually gone to the bathroom on myself 3 times because I couldn't hold it in or I didn't even feel it coming.

I've had an abnormally low appetite for about 4 years now (it started around the time I started smoking, I always attributed it to that.) But I was able to generally eat at least 200-500 calories a day.

The last month, I've had not appetite. Hunger may be mild, and only last a few seconds before it turns into nausea or goes away.

Today I ate a slice of a strawberry and an orange slice for breakfast, a few sips of coke, a few sips of Mellow Yellow, and a couple spoon-fulls of French onion soup. So, I'm eating enough to live, but not for long.

I'd like some opinions, advice, or expririences. I'm suspecting some kind of gastrointestinal infection, possible even Chron's disease, but I'd like to have some sort of an idea when I visit the doctor on Monday so that they'll actually figure out the problem this time!

Thank you so much for reading, I'm honestly desperate to feel normal again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: First Post! Questions about symtpoms.

You are seriously underweight. All of this could be from any number of things. I'm surprised you haven't been to the doctor before now. Go as soon as you can.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anorexia, gastro intestinal, symptoms, vomiting, weight loss