It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Digestive Disorders Message Board

• Feeling Nauseous after I eat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
    kasia546
    (female)

kasia546 HB User
    Feeling Nauseous after I eat?

Hey, so recently, maybe about 2 weeks now, whenever I eat anything, I always feel nauseous and I want to throw up. There have been a couple occasions where I actually did. I'm not pregnant, I took a HPT, came out negative. I started Birth Control pills in December (Allesse), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Or also i have gone to the doctors before with problems with acid reflux but we did no further examinations towards that. I'm also going to Europe in a few days, for 2 months. I was thinking maybe I'm feeling nauseous from the stress?

What do you guys think? Should I take another HPT, acid reflux, long term stomach bug, stress?
    Please help! It's definitely not a comfortable feeling throughout the day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
    jobby99
    (male)

jobby99 HB User
    Re: Feeling Nauseous after I eat?

Hello,

I also suffer from nausea after eating. I find that yogurt before and after meal can help calm my stomach. In addition, antacids and PPI can help with stomach irritation and definitely help with heartburn. You can also use supplements made for the stomach such as Pepti-Guard to help it function better. Ultimately, doctors don't have any good tools to diagnose nausea. All they can do is give you pills for it which probably won't help much. Stress is always a factor. I stopped eating lunch at work, because I was too stressed to eat. I just snack a bit at work. I found that being calm and collected before eating helps digestion a lot for me. Hope this helps.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
    BamaGirl040
    (female)

BamaGirl040 HB User
    Re: Feeling Nauseous after I eat?

I had severe pain in my chest through to my back. I got sick all of the time, and had acid reflux. The pain was so intense that I would pass out. I was diagnosed in 2004 with stomach cancer from an organism called H-pylori. I didn't realize that it is as common as 1/3 people could have it. I had developed stomach cancer from this untreated problem, but it was caught in the early stages. I would follow up with a GI doctor to at least rule it out. I did radiation for one month and it did the trick. Now I am 11 years Cancer free. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find your answer.

Closed Thread

Tags
    acid reflux, nausea, stress, vomit