It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

Short form Disability update report

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
Johnson1987
(male)

Johnson1987 HB User
Short form Disability update report

Hello everyone,
I am 50 years old as of today, turning 51 next February. I was dx back in 2011 with HIV and AIDS. At that time, I applied for disability, because I nearly died in the hospital. I was approved for indefinite disability for the dx in the year 2011 as well in Florida. I have been compliant with seeing my ID doctor, and I been f/u with my PCP as well. I received a short form for Disability update report. I realize in June of 2017, SSA stated they were going to require HIV disability cases to be reviewed as well. The questions are specifically asking since June of 2016, and since then I have not worked, I have not been in school.

I have not discussed the possibility of working with my doctor because I was under the impression it was not needed due to being disabled indefinitely. I feel that my health has been the same since June 2016. I have been going to my f/u appointments and seeing my doctor as needed, as well. I have had a colonoscopy, which I am not entirely sure counts as a "surgical procedure".

My main question is, should I start working on getting an attorney, because, if you look at me, you would not guess I was disabled, or should I try to find a job, which I am not sure I could handle a full time employment job (which really grinds my gears that other people will make comments like that). Any suggestions or comments are welcomed. I appreciate any insight in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #2
snowman50
(male)

snowman50 HB User
Re: Short form Disability update report

I received the short form June of 2018. I am waiting for a response as well. Have you received a response? I have read where 90% are automatically approved.

Reply Reply