It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

• Daughter has DS / Want to move to New Jersey

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
    KBM
    (female)

KBM HB User
    Daughter has DS / Want to move to New Jersey

undefinedundefinedundefined

:

Hi......I am new to the message boards and am hoping that some people out there might have some information for me that might stear me in the right direction.

I have presently live in Brooklyn, New York and am looking to move to New Jersey. My older daughter Kristen has Down Syndrome, she is 14 years old. I have two other children 10 and 5 years old.

I am aware that things are very different from New York when it comes to services for people with disabilities. I am getting a strong sense that she will be waiting a long time on a waiting list for all the things she has here in New York. One of my main concerns is where the best place to move for Kristen will be as well as good schools for my other two children.

She will most likely go to a vocational school rather than a high school. Anyone from Monmouth County or Middlesex County that has any info that would be helpful. I know my other two children will fit in where ever we go but I would like Kristen to have some recreational activities and have things to do other than school.

Hope we are doing the right thing by moving....... would like to hear from others that live in New Jersey and have disabled children and have gone down that road. It would be a plus if you live in Monmouth or Middlesex County..........Thanks to all ..........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread