It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Disabilities Message Board

• Who Has Filed For Lumbar Stenosis.PLEASE HELP THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH TO GO ON W/ LIFE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
    Miss Idaho
    (female)

Miss Idaho HB User
    Who Has Filed For disability W/ Lumbar Stenosis. HELP

WHO ALL ARE FILING FOR LUMBAR STENOSIS..I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!!![I have had 4 back surgeries, the last Dec. 17th '2004. The Ins. Co. denied it for so long that the 2nd opinion Doc. said I would have been in a wheel chair and still may since I did not get surgery at least 6 mo's ago. Blue Cross finally got me in the operating table the next day. I have not been able to walk for 12 mo's without dropping to the floor. I have been to doc's for 12 mo's to diagnosis it. They all thought I had MS but MRI said no. The neurologist I seen said the report said I had mild senosis which was read wrong because when you see the MRI I had in 1995 and the one I had in July of 2004 it is so obvious that I have nothing left to hold my spine up. So do I have a case against Blue Cross and the stupid guy that read the MRI and the neurologist? I still may be looking at being in a wheelchair because they took so long to approve the surgery. I filed for Disability in Jan 2004. I have had 4 neck and 4 back surgeries and big problems w/ bowels and urination. MY husband and daughter don't care, after 8 surgeries- in 12 years i
    it is a regular thing for me to have surgerie and they just expect me to wait on them and do all the things I have been doing all these years..THAT MY DOCTOR SAID DO NOT DO. But I am just stupid, just wanting to be loved by them but it turns out they just expect more and more till Im dead I guess.
    THANKS FOR LISTENING ...If I am so lucky to get my disability I will finally take care of myself. I am new to this site and it is the greatest, thanks.

Take Care; all of you,
    Deb

Last edited by Miss Idaho; 03-12-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 08:15 AM   #2
    kaybee
    Inactive
    (female)

kaybee HB User
    Re: Who Has Filed For Lumbar Stenosis.PLEASE HELP THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH TO GO ON W/ LIFE

Deb, I'm so sorry about you're ongoing battle. My husband is also going through the disability fight for his back. You can see his dx under the IME thread. I'm sure your chances of receiving disability through SSDI are good if you have enough points from working. Please don't get discouraged about the process. It usually takes several times before you receive an award. Make sure you have copies of all your medical records and that SSA is receiving the required info from your doctors. Good luck! I pray you find some relief soon!

karen

Old 03-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
    Miss Idaho
    (female)

Miss Idaho HB User
    Re: Who Has Filed For Lumbar Stenosis.PLEASE HELP THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH TO GO ON W/ LIFE

Thank you Karen for your concern. When I applied I sent them years and years of medical reports. It must of been 2 inches thick. I am dis appointed
    that people can't get their back pay for sveral mo's. Mine goes back to Feb.
    of 2003. Thanks

Old 03-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
    countrycraft
    (female)

countrycraft HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miss Idaho
    WHO ALL ARE FILING FOR LUMBAR STENOSIS..I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!!![I have had 4 back surgeries, the last Dec. 17th '2004. The Ins. Co. denied it for so long that the 2nd opinion Doc. said I would have been in a wheel chair and still may since I did not get surgery at least 6 mo's ago. Blue Cross finally got me in the operating table the next day. I have not been able to walk for 12 mo's without dropping to the floor. I have been to doc's for 12 mo's to diagnosis it. They all thought I had MS but MRI said no. The neurologist I seen said the report said I had mild senosis which was read wrong because when you see the MRI I had in 1995 and the one I had in July of 2004 it is so obvious that I have nothing left to hold my spine up. So do I have a case against Blue Cross and the stupid guy that read the MRI and the neurologist? I still may be looking at being in a wheelchair because they took so long to approve the surgery. I filed for Disability in Jan 2004. I have had 4 neck and 4 back surgeries and big problems w/ bowels and urination. MY husband and daughter don't care, after 8 surgeries- in 12 years i
    it is a regular thing for me to have surgerie and they just expect me to wait on them and do all the things I have been doing all these years..THAT MY DOCTOR SAID DO NOT DO. But I am just stupid, just wanting to be loved by them but it turns out they just expect more and more till Im dead I guess.
    THANKS FOR LISTENING ...If I am so lucky to get my disability I will finally take care of myself. I am new to this site and it is the greatest, thanks.

Take Care; all of you,

Deb
    HI DEB * I was just awarded disability and I also have lumbar spinal stenosis ...I have had it for about 5 years now and the pain has got so bad (lots worse) just within the past year ...so I filed - couldn't take the pain anymore and couldn't do any more jobs....so I done what was best for me for once !
    I have never had any surgeries but did have a shot of cortisone and it worked wonders for me , for three months anyway. I am waiting now to hear about medical so I can get another shot asap or at least see a NEW DR to get something for this pain...my clinic her in town just simply refuses to give me anything NOTHING !!!!!!! they don't know what it's like to have this kind of pain 24-7 !
    I applied in oct or nov of last year and was awarded in feb of this year.

It's sure nice to be able to talk to someone who has the same thing as I do as I have searched for a long time trying to find someone who can relate to this kind of pain....on top of the stenosis I also have arthritis in my back and scoliosis , I am 45 years old.
    Are you taking anything for your pain now ?? what do you take ?? Nothing helps me really accept for that shot - I did manage ONE TIME to get some tylenol/codiene and that hel;ped for a bit - at least I felt like doing something
    Hope to hear back from you
    Gran

Old 03-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
    Miss Idaho
    (female)

Miss Idaho HB User
    Re: Who Has Filed For Lumbar Stenosis.PLEASE HELP

Thanks Gran, it is really good to find someone that has the same thing. I take
    Norco 10mg.(It's about the same as vicodan) I can take up to 8 a day, but I don't take that many. I am scared to daeth to get addicted. I was once after one of my 8 surgeries and it was the worse thing I have been thru in my entire life. Did you have any back pay? When they told you that you were approved, how long did it take you to get your first check? I have a ton of stress because of finances and that just makes my pain even more out of control.

Deb

Old 03-13-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
    countrycraft
    (female)

countrycraft HB User
    Re: Who Has Filed For Lumbar Stenosis.PLEASE HELP

Quote:
    Thanks Gran, it is really good to find someone that has the same thing. I take
    Norco 10mg.(It's about the same as vicodan) I can take up to 8 a day, but I don't take that many. I am scared to daeth to get addicted. I was once after one of my 8 surgeries and it was the worse thing I have been thru in my entire life. Did you have any back pay? When they told you that you were approved, how long did it take you to get your first check? I have a ton of stress because of finances and that just makes my pain even more out of control.

Deb
    HI DEb...
    you should be greatful to even get something for your pain - like I said , they just refuse to give me anything, and some days I can't do anything cause the pain is so bad-it's really depressing -they say the pills are addicting, but so is the pain

I have back pay coming but haven't received any as of yet- I was approved in feb of this year and received my first check just the other day , so like a month I guess it took to get my first check*
    I know exactly how you feel with the stress and being able to pay the bills, that was really stressing me out big time to and of course on top of it being depressed because of the pain - I am so lucky I had my Dad to help us out until I finally heard something - now we have $$$$ to pay back to him*bless his heart..but it sure is a relief to know that our bills will be paid...I just couldn't take on any more jobs anymore - didn't know what we were gonna do.
    I do work 4 hours a week though now (very hard to do) but it gets me out of the house. the guy I clean for lets me work at my own pace-taking breaks when needed and so on.....don't know how much longer I will be able to keep doing that though..
    I sure wish you luck - anytime you need to talk I'm here
    ((HUGS))
    Gran

Old 03-14-2005, 08:22 AM   #7
    Barbarosa

Barbarosa HB User

Hi Deb & Gran, I'm so sorry to hear you're both in alot of pain, but I can relate. I also have severe spinal stenosis. But when I applied for ssd in June of 2004, that isn't what i applied for, because I just found out I had it. I had 3 herniated discs in my neck (operated on in Oct. 2003). Migraines & extreme sensitivity to light. I tripped over a drain pipe last summer & started getting lower back pain. After months of doctors telling me to just relax, my neuologist sent me for an Mri, that's how I found out about the stenosis. I got 1 phone call in December saying ssd need more info on my migraines, and I haven't heard a word since. It's so frustrating to have to wait & wait. Gran, you're lucky you heard so quick. Can I ask what states you're both from? I wonder if some states are just faster than others. I'm from New York. Good luck to both of you! Barb

Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 AM   #8
    countrycraft
    (female)

countrycraft HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbarosa
    Hi Deb & Gran, I'm so sorry to hear you're both in alot of pain, but I can relate. I also have severe spinal stenosis. But when I applied for ssd in June of 2004, that isn't what i applied for, because I just found out I had it. I had 3 herniated discs in my neck (operated on in Oct. 2003). Migraines & extreme sensitivity to light. I tripped over a drain pipe last summer & started getting lower back pain. After months of doctors telling me to just relax, my neuologist sent me for an Mri, that's how I found out about the stenosis. I got 1 phone call in December saying ssd need more info on my migraines, and I haven't heard a word since. It's so frustrating to have to wait & wait. Gran, you're lucky you heard so quick. Can I ask what states you're both from? I wonder if some states are just faster than others. I'm from New York. Good luck to both of you! Barb

HI BArb I was wondering myslef if the state that each was from had something to do with it - I am in wisconsin

that's weird, you say you tripped over a drain pipe..they kept asking me if I ever had been injured or anything and I said nO---so if they meant something like what you did, I guess it could be numerous things like abusive men I have had, falling down the basement steps, falling on my back when ice skating.....I say more on the abusive men though

I get migraines alot to - my oldest daughter even has them more so and has been on so may meds for these and she has 5 children to take of--my mother use to get them frequently too - I 'm not sure if their heritery (?) or not ...??

Are you taking or getting anything for your pain Barb ??
    GraN

Old 03-14-2005, 08:01 PM   #9
    Miss Idaho
    (female)

Miss Idaho HB User

Hi Gran hi Barb. It's nice to hear from you 2. How's everything? Barb; have you heard anything from disability? Did you call or check with your local office? I know that they gave me a site to go to with my confirmation# where you can check on your status. Hey Gran; why don't you go to another
    neurologist or another doctor for some pain pills. This is stupid. There are doctors out there that like to play God and mess with your life. Get some medicine my dear, you need it because I know. My problem was that I was suppose to have my 4th surgery on Oct.28th..2004 and I was a 100% out of pocket so Blue Cross (health ins.) made me jump thru every hoop they could to outlast me till Dec. 31st so I would have to pay all my deductibles all over again. They made me go to pain doc's, then PT where I had already been to and a shrink and then a 3rd and 4th opinion and on and on. When I got my 2nd opinion from a Neuro he completly Blew his mind when he looked at my MRI in 1997 and then the one last July. He said you should have had this surgery 6 mo's ago and if you have it now the recovery will be twice as long and you will probably be in a wheel chair.. He got on the phone to the Medical director while I was there and told him this. I was approved for surgery in an hour and in the hospital in 3 days. The surgery lasted an hour and a half longer than expected..4.5 hours. I got out in 4 days and then I had to be admitted again a week later. Now I am having lots of pain and when I turned over in bed it sound like bone crumbling, so I go tomorrow for a X-ray. I am scared to death to be denied for SSA, my husband will go thru the roof. We are barely making it on his income. Hey Gran when did you actually apply? Write back kiddo's K?

Your Friend Debster

Old 03-15-2005, 12:35 PM   #10
    Barbarosa

Barbarosa HB User

Hi gran & Deb, To answer your question the only thing I'm taking for pain is Advil or Motrin. My neurosurgeon wanted to give me pain pills, but I get sick to my stomach from them. That's what happened when I was in the hospital after my surgery. Plus they make you feel like your in la la land. Deb, thanks for the info about calling disability. I didn't know where to call, but I will definitely call my local office today. Thanks, Barb

Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
    CONCERNED 2
    (male)

CONCERNED 2 HB User

Deb,
    I'm Facing My 4th Surgery And Have The Same Problems With My Family. But I Am Learning ,that When Were Gone They Will Have To Fend For There Selves. Life Goes On ,so Do Like Me!!!! Even Thou It's Hard Let Them Fend For There Selves . After Awhile You Will Feel Better.

Good Luck !!!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #12
    Miss Idaho
    (female)

Miss Idaho HB User

Hi Concerned 2, thanks that was very helpful. My ? to them always is:
    Do you think I like to be in pain 24/7???? GEEZ.. Are they insane? Anyway,
    what is your story about your back or neck? Have you filed? Are you working?

Later,
    Deb

Old 03-17-2005, 09:31 AM   #13
    Barbarosa

Barbarosa HB User

I found a toll free # on the ss website & finally talked to a real live person this morning. She said my case went before the board on March 8th & I should be hearing soon. I've been waiting 9 months & the suspense is killing me. I'm sure I'll get denied, so this was all for nothing, back to suffering in pain everyday without any compensation. I should be more optomistic, so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! Barb

Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #14
    countrycraft
    (female)

countrycraft HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Barbarosa
    I found a toll free # on the ss website & finally talked to a real live person this morning. She said my case went before the board on March 8th & I should be hearing soon. I've been waiting 9 months & the suspense is killing me. I'm sure I'll get denied, so this was all for nothing, back to suffering in pain everyday without any compensation. I should be more optomistic, so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! Barb

HI BArb
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you too * I sure hope you get it.....and you have been waiting 9 months !!??
    I was sure I would get denied to , as that is just my luck but I didn't - so I hope you get yours as you think you won't*
    ((HUGS))
    Gran

Old 03-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #15
    countrycraft
    (female)

countrycraft HB User
    Question Re: Who Has Filed For disability W/ Lumbar Stenosis. HELP

Quote:

Take Care; all of you,
    Deb

HI DEb
    just wondering how you are doing and how things are going for you ???
    keep in touch
    GraN

Closed Thread